Baby Mystery Snails for Christmas: Purple & Magenta

Discussion in 'Random Acts of Kindness - RAOK' started by kb9plc, Dec 4, 2012.

1. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Okay.... I have BABY SNAILS to give out for CHRISTMAS PRESENTS :)
    :;snail :;snail :;snail
    I have around 18-20 babies right now and they are growing like crazy. Just about pea size. Great shipping size. I am however currently waiting for my box of shipping supplies from Ken's Fish.... so they won't be ready to ship until either end of this week or beginning of next week. So they will be bigger by then.

Of the 18-20, I have a handful of purple.... and the rest are white with magenta fading in at the curl of the shell. My full grown magenta boys started like that when they were pea-size and gradually got darker and more magenta-promenant with time and growth. FYI one of them was the daddy of this clutch.

Speaking of growing.... these guys will grow to ping pong ball size fairly quickly!

I feed my babies a variety of food. Zucchini, NLS flakes, shrimp pellets, and algea wafers. They are also supplemented with calcium in their tank water. So their shells should grow nice and strong.

So who wants in on the snail love? Each person will get 2-3 babies of random colors..... to accomodate for any DOA or growth problems. I have had babies just stop eating for no apparent reason, which of course, has resulted in them meeting their maker. Snails will be shipped in a kordon bag with a bit of either anacharis or duck weed. I may include a heat pack depending on where the box is going. I'm in Chicago and our weather is set to drop to the 30's next week. Snails will be shipped priority unless you tell me you have another preference. You pay the shipping either way.

FYI.... I do have more snail clutches incubating that should either be purple or magenta if they hatch properly. All of my boys are Magenta Briggs and Dark Purple. My girls are a Dark Purple and a White/Blue hybrid (lol). I'll update the baby availability if and when I get more hatched clutches. The next few potentials are pretty good sized!

For now...I can send out 5 Christmas Presents :) 1 has been spoken for. See below and put your name on the list if you are interested. PM me your shipping addie and shipping preference!

1. Jwebbe

2. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

1. Jwebbe
    2.Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Oh I can't wait!!! :)

4. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

Me eitherrr Junne!!! I am super excited!!! I am going to have her ship them to my daughter from "santa"...Taylor is a purple FREAK! Has been since she was old enough to talk...lol..

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I want some!

1)Junne
    2)Tina
    3) Jonathan
    4)
    5)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. Junne

JUST ONE U, two N's :;laughing

I noticed you do the two U's alot - just sayin'

7. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Do we need to pay shipping?

8. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

I would love some but I am not sure if you would ship to Saskatchewan Canada;( it is -30 C here :;sman. Might be too cold and I dont think UPS trucks are heated.

What do you think? If it will work count me in.

9. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

if we do not i am TOTALLY in for this my 2 big boy mystery snails need a girl to get frisky with... :p

10. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, if we don't need to pay shipping, I'm so in.

11. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Just sent pm - I would love to have a couple more. These guys are so much fun to watch.

12. OP
    OP
    kb9plc

Well I could do a heat pack.... but I know from previous EBAY experience that I'd have to jump thru hoops to get the right forms and clearance to ship live animals over the border. :( Sorry!

Yes. I can do USPS or UPS. Priority/Express/Ground/2nd Day Air..... whatever you like.
    If you sign up, PM me your info and I'll give you an idea of what each option will cost you.

I'll get that in my head eventually. Sorry! Did I mention that programmers can't spell? :)

13. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Dang ;( That is ok. They are impossible to find here I tried getting 3 lfs to order them and no one can get blue or purple. I will stick with my gold and black, I do have one cream (labeled cream anyway)..but he is green for some reason.

14. Junne

haha - it wasn't you - it was Rogue ;)

15. OP
    OP
    kb9plc

Sorry guys. I'd love to fit the bill but the funds aren't there right now. Powerball didn't work out for me hahaha:)

I know that the purple and magenta are hard to find. I'm sure I will have more in the future.... and if I can help you out with the shipping I will defintely spread the love. Kinda hard around Xmas time thou :(

Current list:
    1)Juune
    2)Tina
    3) Jonathan
    4) Oscarsbud
    5)

16. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

How much is shipping?

17. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

all good i understand i refrain from having a credit card because if i did.. well my tanks would be overflowing lol

18. OP
    OP
    kb9plc

PM me your zipcode and I will get you estimates

Oh trust me.... I entirely would be right there with you!

19. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

HOw much to send to Oregon? I was thinking of getting snails since the last one died.

20. OP
    OP
    kb9plc

PM me your zip code and i will send u back the options :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice