Baby Mystery Snails are getting big!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My babies are growing up! Slowly, but surely lol

I got them when they were smaller then a peice of normal-sized gravel, and not they are almost half the size of my finger nail =D (pic at bottom)

Also got a cute video of one of them munching the algae off one of the rocks in there X3

Enjoy!

Attachments

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
callichma said:
Very pretty baby. I love the color.
They dont stay that color though. When they get big, they get the same color as the Mysteries in the store (yellow-y). I'm also getting a purple one and a blue one =D

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They don't?? Okay how about this. You send me some babies and when they turn yellow I'll send them back and you send me some more babies !

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
RogueAgent94 said:
They don't?? Okay how about this. You send me some babies and when they turn yellow I'll send them back and you send me some more babies !
No lol I guess some of the color depends on genetics though. The parents of these guys lighter then that (), but I have seen some that look just like the "albino" ones at PetSmart lol

LOL How 'bout not :whistling:

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to have those, but they get sucked up when you do gravel vacs. Not sure how I got them, but they were cute lol

J.M.S.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All this snail talk recently is making me want to get one! That video you posted was absolutely adorable!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
RogueAgent94 said:
LOL. I might have to try to breed some Nerites ;D.
That would be fun! I would like to try that some day, but I'm not sure if I'll ever have a SW tank LOL

J.M.S. said:
All this snail talk recently is making me want to get one! That video you posted was absolutely adorable!
Snails are fun. Some times you are like "Oh... Snails...." But after you have them, then you dont, you really miss them. Its weird lol

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aww, he looks like a little pearl i have two ivorys....and they are more like a dirty ivory, but not yellow per se. what i'm looking for is an albino =]

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jerilovesfrogs said:
aww, he looks like a little pearl i have two ivorys....and they are more like a dirty ivory, but not yellow per se. what i'm looking for is an albino =]
I have two others that look just like that =3

My PetSmart has albinos. I bet one around you would have them, or could order them for you

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah i'll have to check around to see if i can find albinos. =] i have a petland, petco AND petsmart lol. i'm sure of of those could have them.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jerilovesfrogs said:
yeah i'll have to check around to see if i can find albinos. =] i have a petland, petco AND petsmart lol. i'm sure of of those could have them.
I have 4 Pet Supermarkets, 2 PetSmarts, 2 PetCo's and 2 LFSs that I go to, or am near (In the case of the closest PetCo...)

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i am not aware of any pet supermarkets.....are they a southern thing? they sound pretty cool. well i have more stores than the ones i mentioned, i just meant those were the biggest ones, like right near me. ohhhh i forgot about aquarium adventure....hmmm. that's where i found my dark footed purples. they carry some unusual colors sometimes. too bad i was there the other day and didn't think to check! hahah

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They must be. They are just now getting to be a well known chain here, and their number of stores is exlpoding (no lie lol). I did a search for them in Ohio on their website, and it came up with nothing lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom