Baby Mystery Snail Colors

maeh22
I’m trying to make a guide for new mystery snail breeders. I’d like everyone’s expertise! In your experience, around what age could you tell which color your mystery snails were going to be and how? Bonus points for pics lol
I’ll update this list as I get answers if I get answers.

Magenta-
Purple-
Blue-
Ivory-

Gold- probably one of the easiest identifiable colors. You can typically tell at birth that they’re gold because they will already have a gold tinted shell.

Jade-
Wild type-
Black-
Chestnut-

Coradee
Giving this a bump up for you

fastraver
I will bump. Has I now have 3 clutches.

First one should be hatching soon.

20180217_154939.jpg

The second one fell in and saved it. So that one will be touch and go.

20180311_081016.jpg

The third one just happened this morning.

20180311_081152.jpg

I will watch this and see how it goes. And will update when things start to happen.

Pringlethesnail
You can tell 10 minutes after they’re born. If you tell me the parents colors, I can tell you the what color they’ll be. It’s complicated genetics but I’ve been breeding them for years so I’ve got it down. If they’re not a sellable color you should consider only hatching 1.
IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

fastraver
Female is Ivory
Male is Ivory and they other male was black/bark brown

Pringlethesnail
Sorry I’ve had a crazy week! If the only the ivory male mated with the ivory female you’d get almost all ivory with a possibility of like 20% or less being yellow depending on genes. If the black mated with the ivory it is likely that 100% will be black the same as the father. If she mated with both theoretically you could get up to about 20% white and the rest would be black, but most likely they will all be black.

maeh22
Pringlethesnail said:
You can tell 10 minutes after they’re born. If you tell me the parents colors, I can tell you the what color they’ll be. It’s complicated genetics but I’ve been breeding them for years so I’ve got it down. If they’re not a sellable color you should consider only hatching 1.
IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG
Hey thanks!! I will edit the post as it isn’t very clear. I’d like to make a guide for other people bc I couldn’t find any info about when I needed it. I was searching so hard for sites or forums to help know what color my babies would be.

Pringlethesnail said:
IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG
In the first and second pic, I see the gold babies but what color were the other ones? Could I add that picture to my post? (I will of course give credit )

Pringlethesnail

Image1521168870.115183.jpg

Image1521168877.359483.jpg

Image1521168884.310054.jpg

Image1521168891.307417.jpg

The first pic are striped yellow chestnut and lsp, second is gold and white, Tibet’s is gold, chestnut and lsp. That is the full genetic chart. I learned the probability %s by experience. If the lower cased x on the chart is possible depends on lineage but you most likely (80%+) will only get the capitol X color

fastraver
Well things have not gone good with my clutches. Very first one was laid on Feb.17 and it still has not hatched.

The second and third one was laid between March 3 and March 11. So we will see how these two clusters go.

jtwizz
Pringlethesnail said:
what are the most sellable colors?

Pringlethesnail
Pink, white and yellow

maeh22
fastraver said:
Well things have not gone good with my clutches. Very first one was laid on Feb.17 and it still has not hatched.

The second and third one was laid between March 3 and March 11. So we will see how these two clusters go.
How are they?

Pringlethesnail said:
Wow!!!! I’ll have to take a better look at that later. Thank you!

#snailobsessed
Pringlethesnail said:

Image1521168870.115183.jpg

Image1521168877.359483.jpg

Image1521168884.310054.jpg

Image1521168891.307417.jpg

The first pic are striped yellow chestnut and lsp, second is gold and white, Tibet’s is gold, chestnut and lsp. That is the full genetic chart. I learned the probability %s by experience. If the lower cased x on the chart is possible depends on lineage but you most likely (80%+) will only get the capitol X color
I love this chart. I have bout 10 clutches. Yesterday was the 14 day mark for the first one. I’m so excited.Any tips? I’m afraid they are either too dry or too wet. My trapdoor snails have produced maybe 15 babies. I really hope My mysteries turn out. I have got the baby fever ❤❤

Random Great Thread

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore

Latest threads

Top Bottom