Baby molly having shimmies?

1. Kendra Initiate Member

hi all it's me again. One of my baby fish has gone missing so i only have 4 of them now
    My baby mollies are 3 weeks now
    2 days ago i noticed two baby fish shaking their body side ways when i fed them egg yolk and they were kind of tangled up(like they were dancing together). I thought it's a sign of them being excited of getting food so I didnt take too much notice
    This afternoon the sign appeared again when I fed them and one of my babies is swimming verticle (head up tail down)
    I can see them having pink gills (i dont knw if that's abnormal or normal for baby fish). At first I thought it's just cause they are still young and kind of transparent
    I also noticed they rub against plants(like quickly accelerate and jump up when they hit the plant). Their mother does that and I thought it's just a playful behaviour
    My question is, does this match symptoms of shimmy? or maybe most of the behaviours are normal for molly fries? thank you
    p.s. I did a 25% water change two days ago. I dont know my water parameter now

2. I_Have_Fissues Initiate Member

You definitely need to figure out your water parameters. I do know that mollies like salt, so if you haven't added any aquarium salt, do so. That'll help regardless, especially if it is the shimmies, which is a lack of electrolytes in the water. Salt will raise that.

You might also want to try offering up a bit of powered flake food or frozen baby brine as well as egg yolk.

Good luck!