Help Baby Mollies

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats and Welcome to fishlore!

Most people agree between 3-6 small feedings per day, at least while they're young. I do 3-4 coz I'm busy with uni and work, but while I was on holidays I did 6 per day with my first batch of platy fry (I'm up to my 4th batch now- all from the same female with no male present). So I guess it's just what works for you

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks.This is my first fry batch..... I'm very excited

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just another tip with feeding the fry, there is a chance your nitrates could go up coz of all the extra food (and also probably coz I feed frozen brineshrimp sometimes too), so I like to test their water each week just to make sure I'm staying on top of it with water changes People say clean water helps them to grow and develop healthily, which makes sense

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ive been changing the water everyday because there is so much food in there. Is this too much? When should I put them with the other fish? They seem to be growing but I look at them constantly so I don't know. They are eating and pooping(which is tooooo cute to watch the iddy biddies )

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
UPDATE!!!!! All babies have died! The last one today. I'm sure she'll have more but.........it's sad to see them gone. They put a smile on my face everyday. They will be missed.

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh I am so sorry to hear that

Fry can be so fragile, and you alway seem to lose at least a few I've lost some myself to reasons unknown and it's always hard

timmygt33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have about 35 mollie fry in a fry tank with RCS.
I havent lost any yet, even the runty looking ones, not sure why you lost them.
I just keep stable temp and good water parameters, small feedings and there happy and getting big ad healthy!
Better luck next time

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thx guys!! ♥ I hope there is a next time and some survive. I love fry♥

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom