baby guppies

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I went to this new pet store and got some feeding guppies, they are just babies and I felt sorry for them , seeings their fate was being eaten, and I have them in a ten gallon tank. They are all a pale white color and I was wondering if they were going to get colorful like the adults in the other tanks. I may sound stupid for askingg this but im not sure. The other adult guppies are very colorful with orange and purple or blue red and so on. I want to know they are going to gain color like them. ( they are guppies )

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
they should color up with proper diet and clean water how big are they right now? you can feed them baby brine shrimp and crushed up flake food a few times a day

neupane00

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i dont think there is anything bad to feel about really.. we dont feel bad feeding fish live worms and such.. they like life form TOO.. so whats bad about feeding them? i am not cold hearted person, but its the rule of life..

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
agabr123 said:
they should color up with proper diet and clean water how big are they right now? you can feed them baby brine shrimp and crushed up flake food a few times a day
every one is telling me that they wont color up. since they arent fancy guppies but just feeder guppies, i have heard good personality but bad coloring. i have some that are about 3 cm and some are like 2cm REALLY tiny! I feed them crushed fish food. they have clean water and some plants. I have a platy that is almost ready to give birth, can i put the newborn platys with the newborn guppies?

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
neupane00 said:
i dont think there is anything bad to feel about really.. we dont feel bad feeding fish live worms and such.. they like life form TOO.. so whats bad about feeding them? i am not cold hearted person, but its the rule of life..
Yes I do understand the rules of life and all but if i have a chance and the room in my tanks to save some of them then i will.

ABCDemily

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The might do, with proper feeding and care.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i dont think they'll be as colorful as fancy guppies, but they should color up a little. if they're already 2-3 centimeters you probably won't see a whole lot of difference, but it's still possible

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
agabr123 said:
i dont think they'll be as colorful as fancy guppies, but they should color up a little. if they're already 2-3 centimeters you probably won't see a whole lot of difference, but it's still possible
i was wrong, i looked at them and some of them are about 1 cm and and 2 is the biggest. i didnt have a ruler on hang and was estimating.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hmm, okay. either way there isn't much that you can do but wait and see and give them proper nutrition and care

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom