Baby Guppies

Nichole Bearden

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My guppies had their babies. Any suggestions on how to care for them. I have them in a mesh container hanging on the inside of the tank, to keep them safe. How long do I keep them there?

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
As a guppy breeder, personally the best way to raise the fry is having .5-1 gallon per fry. You want a sponge filter, heated tank, and high quality food(a lot of protein) to raise them to their best potential .

How many fry do you have? You should leave them in their for 1-2 weeks or at least when you can start feeding them. They won't eat the first 5-7 they are born. If you are feeding flakes you definetly want them to be acclimated to eating from the surface of the tank before giving them more room.

FishL:))

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nichole Bearden said:
My guppies had their babies. Any suggestions on how to care for them. I have them in a mesh container hanging on the inside of the tank, to keep them safe. How long do I keep them there?
Congratulations on your Guppy Fry!!
I would recommend to get a separate tank specifically for you fry if you are able to. Inside your Fry tank you should have a filter ( spounge filter) and have it heated. Good water quality and nutritious foods help the growing process go a lot quicker. How many Fry did she have?

Nichole Bearden

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FishL) said:
Congratulations on your Guppy Fry!!
I would recommend to get a separate tank specifically for you fry if you are able to. Inside your Fry tank you should have a filter ( spounge filter) and have it heated. Good water quality and nutritious foods help the growing process go a lot quicker. How many Fry did she have?
3 different females soall together about 60-65 fry

FishL:))

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nichole Bearden said:
3 different females soall together about 60-65 fry
Wow, so many babies!! Really fun isn't it?!

Nichole Bearden

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FishL) said:
Wow, so many babies!! Really fun isn't it?!
Yes. I left to the store came home and lots of babies!!

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size tank?

Nichole Bearden

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads