Baby Guppies

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Nichole Bearden, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Nichole Bearden

Nichole BeardenNew MemberMember

My guppies had their babies. Any suggestions on how to care for them. I have them in a mesh container hanging on the inside of the tank, to keep them safe. How long do I keep them there?

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

As a guppy breeder, personally the best way to raise the fry is having .5-1 gallon per fry. You want a sponge filter, heated tank, and high quality food(a lot of protein) to raise them to their best potential .

How many fry do you have? You should leave them in their for 1-2 weeks or at least when you can start feeding them. They won't eat the first 5-7 they are born. If you are feeding flakes you definetly want them to be acclimated to eating from the surface of the tank before giving them more room.

3. FishL:))

FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Congratulations on your Guppy Fry!!
    I would recommend to get a separate tank specifically for you fry if you are able to. :) Inside your Fry tank you should have a filter ( spounge filter) and have it heated. Good water quality and nutritious foods help the growing process go a lot quicker. How many Fry did she have?

4. OP
    OP
    Nichole Bearden

3 different females soall together about 60-65 fry

5. FishL:))

FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Wow, so many babies!! :) Really fun isn't it?! :)

6. OP
    OP
    Nichole Bearden

Yes. I left to the store came home and lots of babies!!

7. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

What size tank?

8. OP
    OP
    Nichole Bearden

20 gallon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice