baby guppies

nate_n_sab

Reaction score
he first of our pregnant females just started giving birth... (so far) we've got 10 little babies swimming around, and she doesnt look like she's done yet...

those breeding tanks, or "floating plastic boxes of death" are useless for the mother giving birth, the fry are small enough to swim back up through the cracks to be eaten by the hungry mom, so i made my own makeshift breeding tank which gave the fry not only more protection from their mom,but more room, as well as more room for the stressed out mom to freak out. i'll post a picture of it if i can later, im off to work now

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations! The best days are the days when there are new babies in the house!!

Rose

nate_n_sab

Reaction score
she endedup having in the area of 23 babies, and now another female which i didnt even know was pregnant gave birth in the tank while i wasnt there, so i added the ones i could save to the breeding net with the others, and i now have over 30 baby guppies swimming aroundin their little net. havent lost one of them yet. ;D

mcminnj

Reaction score
I currently have 2 female guppys and one has gave birth. i managed to put 10 fry in the plastic box that floats about but 2 died in and alot escaped so i now have 5 fry swimming about. I think my other guppy is currently giving birth. lol the plastic box is useless.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom