30 Gallon Tank Baby Goldfish's Dorsal Fin

pomfish

Hi all,

My SO and I got the cutest calico fantail goldfish a week ago named Marshmallow.
When we got him he had his dorsal fin chipped at the front. I thought maybe it was fin rot and would heal. Picture below:
4F9A7079-B913-4553-B8E2-D060068E552C.jpeg

He is in a 30 gallon long, 0 ammonia and nitrite and 20ppm nitrates, moderately planted.
He's had a large appetite eating bloodworms, brine shrimp, his soaked goldfish pellets and any algae on the plants. But I am worried as after a week with Seachem Paraguard (started when I got him) his fin seems worse now ...
32F2A1F9-05FC-464F-80AB-92CDD4153281.jpeg
If anyone has any insight what this could be and what the treatment would be I'd really appreciate it! Also hope I posted in the right place! Thanks!

Effieee

I’m not sure what it is, but my go to is always a 50% water change and a double dose of stress coat for damaged fins which usually repair the fin within a week. I hope marshmallow gets better!

Upvote 0

pomfish

I’m not sure what it is, but my go to is always a 50% water change and a double dose of stress coat for damaged fins which usually repair the fin within a week. I hope marshmallow gets better!
Hi, thanks so much for responding! A 50% water change will definitely be done! I haven't used stress coat in a while so maybe it's time I give it another try!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Carolann
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies