Baby Ghosty Survivors!

Discussion in 'Ghost Shrimp' started by toeknee, Apr 24, 2018.

1. toekneeWell Known MemberMember

Hello all. I have a heavily planted 20 long with 8 pepper corys, 6 harlequin rasboras, a DG a pair of Peacock gudgeons and what was once 4 ghost shrimp. I noticed one of the ghost shrimp with eggs a month or so ago. I never had intentions on breeding so I figured the tank would just have some baby shrimp snacks. I haven't been paying super close attention but today during feeding I saw a tiny 1/4 inch shrimp, then another, then another and another. I counted at least 9 new shrimp. Considering I have 3 hang on back filters running with no mesh on the intake, tons of fish that would gladly enjoy a shrimp snack I can't believe so many have survived. Anyone else have luck breeding and raising ghosts?

2. BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

Congrats!!! Juts got to love the babies <3 I have heard in heavily planted tanks shrimp seem to survive against all odds.

3. toekneeWell Known MemberMember

thanks! I do have a very thick s.repens carpet the other fish cant get through to the substrate so I'm assuming they lived in there until they were big enough to start venturing out and about like they are now. I've seen my corys vigorously try to squirm through the s.repens to get to food so I assumed the baby ghosts had no chance. I was going to get some cherries but since the ghosts are multiplying I might just stick with letting these guys form a colony.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice