Baby Fish, Who Is Your Baby Mommy?

Lbruder

Reaction score
Hello, Im new here and so excited about my discovery today I had to post. I have a small tank with a few male guppies and a couple of neon tetra's. Today I looked in the tank and see whst looks like a baby ember tetra. In July I bought plants, which I rinsed well before putting in my tank and a mexican crayfish. This little fish dude must have been hiding in them. Has anyone else ever had this happen? So happy.

Attachments

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Still tough to tell but it could be an ember. Though not an ID pro a better pic will be able to determine what he is.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What size tank do you have. I have a school of 5 in my 5.5 with a betta and they all do very well. It wouldn't hurt to add another 4-5. Once someone verifies for sure it is an ember but i think your right about that

Lbruder

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
What size tank do you have. I have a school of 5 in my 5.5 with a betta and they all do very well. It wouldn't hurt to add another 4-5. Once someone verifies for sure it is an ember but i think your right about that

Lbruder

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank. The funny thing is all the times, I changed water once or twice a week, stared at it and the crawfish, took our the rocks and even the plant to wash them and never once did I notice this little gaffer. I might call him Nemo

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to the sight, Lbruder. What size tank do you have? It looks like a ember tetra but will leave that to others as I'm terrible at identifying.

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lbruder said:
I have a 10 gallon tank. The funny thing is all the times, I changed water once or twice a week, stared at it and the crawfish, took our the rocks and even the plant to wash them and never once did I notice this little gaffer. I might call him Nemo
Ember tetras. I have 12.
20190914_193731.jpg
20190914_193712.jpg

Lbruder

Reaction score
yukondog said:
sorry did not see your post about the 10 gl.
No problem, thanks for the welcome. I see from the picture he is definately an ember Tetra. He seems very outgoing and comes to the glass when Im near, a very active tiny guy.

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definitely an ember tetra. I have a nice school of 22 in one of my main tanks. Love those quirky little things

Lbruder

Reaction score
Sheldon13 said:
Definitely an ember tetra. I have a nice school of 22 in one of my main tanks. Love those quirky little things
Thanks, lucky you for having a school of them. I hope I can find a few more so he can have some buddies. He does seem to think he's a neon and school's with them

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lbruder said:
Thanks, lucky you for having a school of them. I hope I can find a few more so he can have some buddies. He does seem to think he's a neon and school's with them
I got some of mine from PetCo (they usually have them) and others from aquaticarts.com. Both groups were healthy with no problems.

Lbruder

Reaction score
Sheldon13 said:
I got some of mine from PetCo (they usually have them) and others from aquaticarts.com. Both groups were healthy with no problems.
I live in Ontario, at some point if I get a day off, Im going to my local fish store where I got my plants, they must have them as that must be how the egg came to me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom