Baby Electric Blue Jack Dempsey in a 29...

Bry

He/she is baby. (I'm thinking male) Like an inch big. The only other tankmates are a couple clown plecos and nerite snails.
When I look at tank sizes for Jacks it usually lists a pair's minimum is 30+. So would a 29 be fit for him for life? If not I have a 55 I could move him into when he gets bigger. He looks so tiny in this tank now its adorable.
Does anyone have any tips? This is the third one I've tried to keep. I've heard they can be a bit finicky, but they are seriously a dream fish of mine. The one I have now is so active and is starting to get almost friendly with me and I want him(her?) to make it. There is a bunch of driftwood that he swims though, that I'm tempted to get more. (Also because clown plecos love driftwood). He plays in the Anachris and Lilies I have too.
Side question: the driftwood I recently added before I got him has released tannins into the water. I dont mind the slightly brownish look, but is it beneficial, neutral, or bad for him?

NumsAquariums

idk im having the same problem but what most people say is a 55 is best so move him in to the 55 as soon as hes quite friendly with u

Upvote 0

Bry

idk im having the same problem but what most people say is a 55 is best so move him in to the 55 as soon as hes quite friendly with u
That's kinda the plan if the 29 wasnt a good home for him. But I'm waiting for him to grow a bit. I dont know how 2 seven inch Blood Parrots would take to an inch and a half baby Blue Jack. So I'm waiting for him to grow a bit before moving him over.
Though I am loving him in my room (at least for the time being), he's gotten very personable with me. Almost eats from my hand.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bry
  • Question
Replies
Views
Morley125
Replies
Views
Mike1995