Baby Blue Mystery Snails

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a couple dozen blue mystery snails ranging from about 1/2 to 3/4 inches. My four larger ones seemed to have been bullied by my betta and have strange markings in their shell that look like damage but it doesn't seem to bother them and have been acting completely fine. A photo of one is provided below. After I noticed, I didn't move any of the others into his larger tank to grow out so they are still small. They have been predominately fed spinach, zucchinI and algae wafers. My asking price is $1 per snail, 6 for $5 or 10 for $8, with $7 shipping USPS priority mail. I will only ship on Mondays or Tuesdays. 1 free snail will be included with each order in case of any DOAs. So please keep in mind if you pay for 6 snails, I will be sending out 7. My shipping supplies is limited at the moment so I will only be able to take a few orders right now. But don't fret, more will be available in a couple weeks as they grow and I get my hands on more styrofoam haha

If you are interested, please PM me with the quantity you would like, any specifications you have, your email associated with paypal so I can send you an invoice, and your address to confirm the address provided by paypal.

Feel free to ask any questions and thank you for reading

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years

There are about 25 available now and I can accept 4 more orders

Sybris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I MIGHT take 1, but I only want 1, not 2.
I primarily want a nerite snail, so I'm looking into that more. Can you keep one on hold for me for today and I can tell you if I am or not by tonight?

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sybris said:
I MIGHT take 1, but I only want 1, not 2.
I primarily want a nerite snail, so I'm looking into that more. Can you keep one on hold for me for today and I can tell you if I am or not by tonight?
I can hold one for you If you are interested, I own a zebra nerite and olive nerite snail and can be willing to let go of one for you.

Sybris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Taffymieh said:
I can hold one for you If you are interested, I own a zebra nerite and olive nerite snail and can be willing to let go of one for you.
May I have a picture of the zebra?

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sybris said:
May I have a picture of the zebra?
It likes to hide so pictures aren't very bountiful haha but I have these ones

Sybris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe, he seems a bit duller. I've been trying to get super bright ones since my substrate is black. Loving that little squiggle he has though.
Also, that fish is a cutie and it looks grumpy, what is it? Wish I could have more.

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sybris said:
Maybe, he seems a bit duller. I've been trying to get super bright ones since my substrate is black. Loving that little squiggle he has though.
Also, that fish is a cutie and it looks grumpy, what is it? Wish I could have more.
No problem ^^ I know there are much more colorful ones out there. A bright orange tiger one might look good for your tank! I hope you're able to find some nice ones

And that's my Halfmoon Betta, Anakin! His coloring really accentuates his frown haha (he isn't the one that bullied the other snails)

Sybris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Taffymieh said:
No problem ^^ I know there are much more colorful ones out there. A bright orange tiger one might look good for your tank! I hope you're able to find some nice ones

And that's my Halfmoon Betta, Anakin! His coloring really accentuates his frown haha (he isn't the one that bullied the other snails)
Yeah, but eBay only sells in groups or outrageous price (why is the snail $1 and $35 shipping???), and everywhere else is dark colored tigers. I am very much interested in yours, I don't like perfect uniformed stripes, and even though the yellow isn't bright it should still contrast with all the dark colors.

Edit: I did find a snail with bright orange on Amazon being sold as solos. Thank you for the offer! I really appreciate it.
If I couldn't find nerites I liked I was thinking about going with a gold mystery, but the thing I love about nerites is they don't fully come out. The slime and such I'm not a fan of, but I love shells. It's a moving shell that looks like a bumper car when you speed it up. Cutest thing alive.

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sybris said:
Yeah, but eBay only sells in groups or outrageous price (why is the snail $1 and $35 shipping???), and everywhere else is dark colored tigers. I am very much interested in yours, I don't like perfect uniformed stripes, and even though the yellow isn't bright it should still contrast with all the dark colors.

Edit: I did find a snail with bright orange on Amazon being sold as solos. Thank you for the offer! I really appreciate it.
If I couldn't find nerites I liked I was thinking about going with a gold mystery, but the thing I love about nerites is they don't fully come out. The slime and such I'm not a fan of, but I love shells. It's a moving shell that looks like a bumper car when you speed it up. Cutest thing alive.
I'm glad you found one! You should post pictures when it arrives! I'm assuming that means you won't be wanting the mystery snail then?

Sybris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Taffymieh said:
I'm glad you found one! You should post pictures when it arrives! I'm assuming that means you won't be wanting the mystery snail then?
No, sorry. I don't think a nerite, mystery, and 3 fish would work well. I'm already pushing my bioload a little.

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd say I have about 15 left that are safe shipping size. I have about 30 that are much smaller so they aren't available yet. They've gotten a bit bigger since I posted this. Most are nearing the size of a nickel.

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
An update on the snails. I am able to accept 3 orders at the moment. I have 20 snails that are unclaimed and can be shipped. The "damaged" ones are no longer available. The average size is a bit larger now. I took another family photo to compare sizes. Such nice kids sitting for a picture!
1475798703692.jpg
But of course it doesn't last for long Lol

OP
Taffymieh

Taffymieh

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Snail update:
Able to accept 3 orders. I have sold the larger snails and only have a few 1/2 inches ones right now. If a larger order is placed, the amount of snails will be put on hold and shipment will be delayed until they can grow a bit more. Expect a price reduction in the future for these cuties

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom