Baby Betta Fish

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
How old might he be, I got him last week his name is Rakesh.
Screenshot_20180419-175136.jpg

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Its really hard to get a exact age for pet store bettas. I myself just got a baby betta from petsmart on monday. My guess is the yours could be 4-6 months old. Was it from petco? Because those babys are younger.

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
Its really hard to get a exact age for pet store bettas. I myself just got a baby betta from petsmart on monday. My guess is the yours could be 4-6 months old. Was it from petco? Because those babys are younger.
Yeah and I got mine on Monday too also How often are you suppose to change the water? He is in a half gallon tank

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ariyan said:
Yeah and I got mine on Monday too also How often are you suppose to change the water? He is in a half gallon tank
oh my, SO research should be done before getting a betta. So bettas need a minimum of at least 2.5gallons! They also need a heater as they are tropical. And a low flow filter. They need water changes weekly with a %25 of the water taken out. Any other questions?

blueangelfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
u need a bigger tank. at least a 2.5 gallon. Do u have a filter or a heater? He's cute thou!

also good variety of food would make your betta happy. there should be silk plants instead of plastic ones so he won't hurt himself and a cave so he can hide in if u have one.

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know how old he is, but god he is cute!

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
oh my, SO research should be done before getting a betta. So bettas need a minimum of at least 2.5gallons! They also need a heater as they are tropical. And a low flow filter. They need water changes weekly with a %25 of the water taken out. Any other questions?
I know, I'm just keeping him in the half gallon tank until he is old enough to be in a community tank and its summer I don't think he is going to need a heater. He will probably be old enough to join my other fish in the 20 gallon community tank by winter which is when he will need a heater, if he does not do well with the other fish I will probably buy a 5 gallon tank just for him.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ariyan said:
I know, I'm just keeping him in the half gallon tank until he is old enough to be in a community tank and its summer I don't think he is going to need a heater. He will probably be old enough to join my other fish in the 20 gallon community tank by winter which is when he will need a heater, if he does not do well with the other fish I will probably buy a 5 gallon tank just for him.
Ok sounds like a better plan. I think you could add him sooner. Whats in the community tank?

blueangelfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ok. thats good to hear

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
Ok sounds like a better plan. I think you could add him sooner. Whats in the community tank?
I can't add him sooner because betta fish tend to get scared or feel tormented when they see fish bigger then them and I have mollies which are a little larger then Rakesh.

Bettafishies126

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ariyan said:
I can't add him sooner because betta fish tend to get scared or feel tormented when they see fish bigger then them and I have mollies which are a little larger then Rakesh.
That name is absolutely adorable!

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bettafishies126 said:
That name is absolutely adorable!
I named after my favorite character in a YouTube channel that does pranks it's called ownage pranks you should totally watch him it's so funny

Kamaile

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ariyan said:
It may be a good idea to add him sooner rather than later. He shouldn't feel too uncomfortable around bigger fish unless they pick on him. I never had much luck keeping male bettas with mollys because they would pick endlessly at the long fins.

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Kamaile said:
It may be a good idea to add him sooner rather than later. He shouldn't feel too uncomfortable around bigger fish unless they pick on him. I never had much luck keeping male bettas with mollys because they would pick endlessly at the long fins.
I had another betta fish a few weeks ago but he died from stress because I added him to early that's why I don't want to rush it. Rip George
20180330_085140.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom