Baby betta agressive behavior?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by jcblair77, Jun 21, 2016.

1. jcblair77Valued MemberMember

I purchased my first baby betta yesterday. She's living with a small female Platy at the moment. Things have been pretty good since I got her. She's eating well and my Platy is continuing to eat well also. I noticed that she sometimes looks at the Platy and sort of chases it. Doesn't seem aggressive to me but since I haven't had a betta in years I can't really "read" them well. No biting or anything like that. I'll post a video to show you what I mean. Does either one seem in distress? This behavior doesn't happen constantly just a few times that I've noticed. She can be moved to a tank by herself but I prefer not to have to do that.

Video link: https://vimeo.com/171614698

[video=vimeo;171614698]https://vimeo.com/171614698[/video]

2. Flowingfins

FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

She is most likely trying to chase the platy out of her space. I would remove one, so each has their own tank and cannot injure one other.

3. OP
    OP
    j

jcblair77Valued MemberMember

Hmm so sad that this little baby couldn't work out as a community fish. Do you think I should give it a few days and see if there's a change at all or try to move her as soon as possible? I have a small tank that the betta could go in but I just don't know how to go about heating the smaller tank.

4. Flowingfins

FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Give it a couple days, if it gets worse remove one of them.

5. OP
    OP
    j

jcblair77Valued MemberMember

I just set up a little tank for the betta. I think I'm going to move her in there but I'll give it a day. I hate to put her in a smaller tank :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice