Baby Assassins...the Cuteness Is Killing Me

1. ravensangel Member Member

While doing a wc today, I discovered one of my adult Assassins has passed. Not sure why, could possibly be from age. All tank levels are fine, so I'm monitoring things.

Then I discovered the little ones trucking around.

Makes me sooooo happy! They're really, really tiny. I wouldn't have noticed them, but I was using the gravel vac. I saw about 6.

These are best pics I could get. Behold the cuteness. Not sure why they make me so happy, but they do. 44f83131ebd3d7dec5b11461bcb6bcbd.jpg 57c1a8ca4313865e935f4a8986a5194f.jpg 737fb2e82d4e2d9def2498078e377034.jpg

2. ravensangel Member Member

I'm fighting a bit of a nitrate spike, so I've been doing daily water changes. And that seems to be when ALL of my Assassins like to come out and let me know they're still alive, lol.

Here's some shots from today.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Aww they are cute :) Baby snails are always sweet, I have 2 little baby rabbit snails fortunately they breed pretty slowly though. :D

4. ravensangel Member Member

I have been anxiously waiting. I knew the Assassins were breeding, but never saw any eggs. Now it seems like they hid them from me. Definitely a pleasant surprise. I love my Assassins.

5. BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

My Assassin Snails do that too. They come out after dark, feeding, and water changes. I have been breeding them for years. I would recommend making sure they get some meaty food. My colony breeds pretty fast. I have eggs everywhere.