Babies?

Discussion in 'Fish Addict' started by Fish Addict, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Fish Addict

Fish AddictWell Known MemberMember

My platies haven't bred since about last Summer. Does anyone have any idea why not? Two are siblings but their parents aren't, if that has anything to do with this. Do they only spawn a certain amount of times or something?
    Thanks! I really would like to have babies again!

2. midnightwolf

midnightwolfWell Known MemberMember

i dont think it matters but they could be stressed, what are your water parimiters

3. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

they could be breeding and havin a snack in the same day ;) by looking at your aquarium info, im going to guess your angels are looking nice from their fry (platy fry) angels and fry other than their own, are fast at snacking on them...most live bearers tho only need a change in anything to spawn...(and not always ) but a temp drop, water change, and even diet changes seem to trigger them...

4. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I know they don't eat them, because my platies aren't even getting pregnant...
    And I don't know what to do, I've tried getting them Brine Shrimp whenever I go to the fish store, and I do water changes...

5. midnightwolf

what are your nitrite and ammonia levels?

6. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I'm not sure, I haven't tested for a while, but could that really be why, if its been almost a whole year?

7. midnightwolf

thats what i dont understand but even if it isnt its always good to know what your perimiters are at.