BABIES !!!!!Help!!!

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Taritus, Aug 12, 2015.

1. TaritusValued MemberMember

So I was just looking around my tank when I saw a small fish that retreated into the tubes
    I quickly gathered them all up and isolated them
    Now what to do U fed them ground up flakes is that all I should do?
    All help appreciates :)ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439398360.424012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. crystalm04Valued MemberMember

What kind of fish are they? I feed my fry flake food you just have to ground it up very good and use your fingers to dip it underneath the surface so it sinks. Some fry don't eat off the surface right away to it helps to sink it.

3. TaritusValued MemberMember

Theyr molly fry
    Balloon molly most likely

4. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

They can eat the same as you feed the adults, just crush it finely for their small mouths.

5. GekcoWell Known MemberMember

BABBIES !!!!!Help!!!

All molly fry must look the same then, I have fry and they look exactly like that but mine are golden Mollies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

The yolk of a hard boiled egg, blendered with some water, and added to the tank by the drop from an eyedropper works well when they're really small. It's amazing how well they can see those microscopic particles and chase them down.

They chow down on them and have yellow bellies and poop from eating so much!

Keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator and toss it after a few days so it doesn't go bad.

Ground up flake food also works, especially as they get bigger - which yours already seem to be.

7. TaritusValued MemberMember

I thought maybe they were only a day old but I have no idea never had baby fish before

8. GekcoWell Known MemberMember

I feed my babies Hikari First Bites from the amount of baby fish you have in the picture I would say that they were born recently unless you have a lot of hiding places for them to hide in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

9. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I feed my platy babies regular flake food crushed super fine until it's almost powder, float some and sink some under the water surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. TaritusValued MemberMember

That's what iv done and I can't tell if they have eaten it and I have a few hiding spaces but not many

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice