Babies Growing Up

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are 2 months. I wanted to keep them a little longer but going on vacation in a few weeks and need them gone. It was a lot of fun and learned a lot. Will do again next year probably.

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well, I took half of my Goldie babies to the Lfs this morning. Hope they find good homes. Hard to say goodbye. I’m keeping one and bottom pic is her first time to meet her Mom. Top pic is babies.
what a lovely mum they have! I've been learning some about goldfish breeds, I'm pretty sure the ones I have are "mutts." Reading about show quality goldies, my guys are "not it" (but personally I think its pretty when the fan tail isn't split at the top.) I've got a calico fantail and a copper-colored telescope eye, both around 2" without the tail... just little yet! Did you do any culling? I don't think my guys would have made the cut if they were being bred for show, but I love them anyway! But at the same time culling makes sure only the best, modt healthy fish go forward.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are all show quality to me! I have never met an ugly goldfish...lol. I am proud to say that I did not lose one fry (that I'm aware of) and I raised over 60 healthy babies. I did not have to cull any. I did find one that had a single tail instead of the fantail but I will put him in my pond with the other single tails. Hopefully, he will be able to keep up with them. I bet your goldies are beautiful. Send a pic!

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My next fish dream is to get a betta. Need to do more reading on them first.

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They are all show quality to me! I have never met an ugly goldfish...lol. I am proud to say that I did not lose one fry (that I'm aware of) and I raised over 60 healthy babies. I did not have to cull any. I did find one that had a single tail instead of the fantail but I will put him in my pond with the other single tails. Hopefully, he will be able to keep up with them. I bet your goldies are beautiful. Send a pic!
I made a post! Put some pics there.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I want a betta because they seem to have a lot of personality just like the goldies. I think if you love one, you will love the other. I will be a betta mom one day, too. Just gotta get rid of babies and do some more reading.

Reaganp1234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh my goodness they’re beautiful! They look just like their mother it’s good to hear that they all did well! They all look so healthy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom