Babies Growing Up

1. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

Well, I took half of my Goldie babies to the Lfs this morning. Hope they find good homes. Hard to say goodbye. I’m keeping one and bottom pic is her first time to meet her Mom. Top pic is babies.

Attached Files:

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Someday I hope to breed goldfish... it's always fascinated me! They're so cute!

3. scarface

scarface Well Known Member Member

Wow. How old are they? Nice job.

4. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

They are 2 months. I wanted to keep them a little longer but going on vacation in a few weeks and need them gone. It was a lot of fun and learned a lot. Will do again next year probably.

5. TheeLadyG

TheeLadyG Member Member

what a lovely mum they have! I've been learning some about goldfish breeds, I'm pretty sure the ones I have are "mutts." Reading about show quality goldies, my guys are "not it" (but personally I think its pretty when the fan tail isn't split at the top.) I've got a calico fantail and a copper-colored telescope eye, both around 2" without the tail... just little yet! Did you do any culling? I don't think my guys would have made the cut if they were being bred for show, but I love them anyway! But at the same time culling makes sure only the best, modt healthy fish go forward.

6. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

They are all show quality to me! I have never met an ugly goldfish...lol. I am proud to say that I did not lose one fry (that I'm aware of) and I raised over 60 healthy babies. I did not have to cull any. I did find one that had a single tail instead of the fantail but I will put him in my pond with the other single tails. Hopefully, he will be able to keep up with them. I bet your goldies are beautiful. Send a pic!

7. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Member Member

They are so nice looking!! I wish I would be closer to Texas.. I would have bought one from you!!!

8. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

So cute! My dream is to breed bettas, i should start with guppys first though. If i had the room i would need to try some goldfish...

9. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

My next fish dream is to get a betta. Need to do more reading on them first.

10. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

It really is amazeing how much there is too learn about them. I have 10 bettas and keep leaning more and more. Yesterday i learned about their sensory pores.

11. TheeLadyG

TheeLadyG Member Member

I made a post! Put some pics there.

12. motherofbettas

motherofbettas Member Member

lol My next dream fish is to get goldfish! I'm seriously obsessed, but I don't know if I have the room for a 40 gallon breeder at the moment. :(

13. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

I want a betta because they seem to have a lot of personality just like the goldies. I think if you love one, you will love the other. I will be a betta mom one day, too. Just gotta get rid of babies and do some more reading.

14. Reaganp1234

Reaganp1234 Member Member

Oh my goodness they’re beautiful! They look just like their mother :D it’s good to hear that they all did well! They all look so healthy :)