Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Babaulti Shrimpt With Rainbow Sharks, A No No?

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Nimra, Apr 20, 2019.

1. NimraNew MemberMember

I have a community tank with lots of babaulti shrimp, but I guess, if I put rainbow sharks with them, after they bigger, they are most probably going to feed on the shrimp, right?

2. FishcatWell Known MemberMember

I would think so, yes.
    It’s so cool that you have babaultis. What color are yours? I love the look of the green ones.

3. NimraNew MemberMember

Thank you :) and yes I have green ones. But I also managed to get a strain of red ones as well, out of the green ones (a gene or two must have slipped).
    upload_2019-4-21_1-59-4.png
    upload_2019-4-21_1-58-9.png

4. FishcatWell Known MemberMember

Where’d you get your shrimp? They’re on my “want” list for a little down the road - I have to finish stocking the tanks I have first.

5. NimraNew MemberMember

Well I got them at my local fish store, and all I can say is that I immediately fell in love with shrimps after (they are the first kind of dwarf shrimp I ever got). Are they not available where you live or?

6. FishcatWell Known MemberMember

I haven’t seen them at any of the ones around here, no. I wonder why. They have a reputation for being unfussy and are a bit of a change from cherry shrimp.

7. NimraNew MemberMember

Well then I can only recommend them to you, because they really are hardy and require little maintenance :)