Azoo Aquatic Plants Biopro.. Have You Tried It?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by ashenwelt, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

So, I am always looking at new stuff and picked up a bottle of Azoo Aquatic Plants BioPro. Has anyone tried it?

2. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Never heard of it. But that does not say much. Lol. Is it a fert?

3. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

Its actually a bacterial supplement that is supposed to work kind of like seachem pristine and additionally has something to help cause roots to grow.

It looks ugly as Heck when added to the tank but about four hours later tank is clear. But I have to trim a look bad lol. Going to try for a month or two and see if I see any differences

Kinda skewed it though... Added some matrix by seachem ad a test too. Lol.

4. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Hmm. Bacterial supp...sounds interesting. We or my loving husband let me purchase a 150 gallon and we are going to try planted. Will file this in my Plant folder. Thnx.

I'm just using excel and flourish right now. I'm still struggling with light parameters too. This hobby has changed exponentially since I last tried it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  5. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

What type of lighting and plants are you going for? Lighting a 150 can be a nightmare for anything but low light... Though there are options.

Need to get your husband and my wife on the same page. Mine is like... Another tank? Love her though.

6. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Lol. Mine is a dollbaby. I am headstrong. Stubborn. A brat. He tolerates me fersure.

He said. Ok. Got your 150. ( I was expecting 2 75 or one 125..)...so. 2 of those nano tanks gotta go

And yes. Low light. Maintenance. For sure. I am into enjoying my tanks. Not working my rear end off to maintain something I cannot do well.

I do like the idea of spot lights with special focus plants..plants here and there

I've been cruising the the thrift shops for lights. Is it ok to modify. Use just "normal " office clamp like lights and out those cfl lights in them .

Lol. Don't judge. Tank looks horrible fe1af31cbbbb14a954709f4100154f5f.jpg

7. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

Office clamp and work clamp are fine. Just make sure you do the drip look with the power cables. Also try and find high power LED 6500k color lights for them.

This is a super comon thing... Don't think of it as odd. A lot of big plant people get all their lights from home depot or Lowe's and ONLY use clamp lights. Heck, I am planning four ultra low budget shrimp breeders... They will be clamp light as well.

Oh you might wanna check out some DIY CO2 as well. Cheap and efficient.

8. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Yea. My better half set up a diy co2 years ago. Am sure we will try it. Also we are doing a refugium for filter.

Can I post a pic of my light bulbs, I got. Had devil of to reach finding 6500k.

Found Sylvania 60 with natural daylight with 5000k. Then, natural daylight..ecosmart from lowest. 60/14 watt.5000k. 800 lumens. On both.

Then. Sylvania. Gx23,2 pin. 13 w/2700k. Weird bulb

I just love the sexy way lights look suspended from ceiling over tank...well planted with focus plants. So relaxing to watch.

9. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

I would t use 2700k personally but post away!

10. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Spot grow will be experimental b53167d991efa7bcd97e1a08ab9c22e0.jpg632a9ca5d648424d19f389ffe65ae38a.jpg

. Also try and find high power LED 6500k color lights for them.

U mean instead of those posted??

11. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

6500K is what is best for plants. 5000k is... somewhat do able. However, I always just would look for 6500K LED. This is an example: Leson 100 Watt Equivalent A19 LED Light Bulb Standard E26/E27 Base 13W Energy Saving, Daylight Cool White 6500k (6 Pack) - - Amazon.com

Cheap and effective.

And this could be downright cool.

JACKYLED E26 3 in 1 Socket Adapter E27 Converts 3 Way Splitter for Standard LED Bulbs 360 Degrees Adjustable 180 Degree Bending Max Watt 300W - - Amazon.com

Never seen that before.

12. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Awesome thanks. And I like that socket thingy. That would cool as crap over a 150.

Is this azoo stuff making a diff?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  13. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

In my 5 yes. In my other tanks... not so sure.

14. MelPaulATLValued MemberMember

Hmm. What's your philosophy on why it is working? I have a fluval spec 3. And a 2.6 marinelad ..I think it is..bow.

My sword is still looking sad. Ive been dosing. Not religious ly with flourish and excel.

And tabs.

15. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

I haven't been dosing co2 lately and still getting some good growth. Though tommorrow I am putting that tank back on a siesta system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice