Question Axolotl with yoyo loaches

AngelfishDude722

Reaction score
I have a 20g long tank and was thinking about an axolotl right now it is planted and has gravel there are currently 3 yo-yos in there. I am just wondering what you guys think about the pair.

Best Answer - View Demeter's answer

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Never have fish with axolotls, one of two things will happen. Fish end up as dinner or the gills of the axolot get shredded. Not to mention the loaches are tropical and need some nice warm water where as axolotls need it rather cool, say low to mid 60's

Axolots are very easy to care for, the hardest part is keeping their tanks cool. If it gets much above 70F then you may have a problem.

OP
A

AngelfishDude722

Reaction score
Demeter said:
Never have fish with axolotls, one of two things will happen. Fish end up as dinner or the gills of the axolot get shredded. Not to mention the loaches are tropical and need some nice warm water where as axolotls need it rather cool, say low to mid 60's

Axolots are very easy to care for, the hardest part is keeping their tanks cool. If it gets much above 70F then you may have a problem.
Oh ok well it was kind of like a dream to have the axolotl but I do not want to get rid of the loaches so that idea is going down the drain thanks for pointing that out.

New Threads