Axolotl Tank! 20 Gallon Tank

1. brousecasey12

brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

Wanted to share my new 20 gallon tank with y’all! I decided to go with axolotls and set up the tank! I went with a blue fine sand in case he/ she would ingest the sand so it would pass through the digestive system! In addition, I placed two pvc pipes in the tank for hides! In the middle I placed a feeding dish so the worm or pellet would be placed in there! The filter is a whisper tetra power filter 20 and I think I have it on the lowest setting for the water. The temp is at 64-66 degrees Fahrenheit but I do have a fan clipped to it in case it would become too hot! I’m so excited and would like some advice as I will be a new axie owner! In addition, I’m thinking on getting one but would two work? Do they prefer pairs instead of solo? It’s a 20 high! I’m in the middle of cycling it so we now just wait! Any plants that will help it cycle quicker???
    IMG_4652.JPG IMG_4654.JPG IMG_4655.JPG

2. puffer boi

puffer boi Well Known Member Member

i 90% percent sure a 20 high is too small for them...

3. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

it’s not! based off of research, you could fit one in a 10 gallon if you wanted but I thought that was too small! this will do fine for at least one axie! question is two or just one! :)