Axolotl Tank! 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by brousecasey12, Jun 22, 2018.

1. brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

Wanted to share my new 20 gallon tank with y’all! I decided to go with axolotls and set up the tank! I went with a blue fine sand in case he/ she would ingest the sand so it would pass through the digestive system! In addition, I placed two pvc pipes in the tank for hides! In the middle I placed a feeding dish so the worm or pellet would be placed in there! The filter is a whisper tetra power filter 20 and I think I have it on the lowest setting for the water. The temp is at 64-66 degrees Fahrenheit but I do have a fan clipped to it in case it would become too hot! I’m so excited and would like some advice as I will be a new axie owner! In addition, I’m thinking on getting one but would two work? Do they prefer pairs instead of solo? It’s a 20 high! I’m in the middle of cycling it so we now just wait! Any plants that will help it cycle quicker???
    IMG_4652.JPGIMG_4654.JPGIMG_4655.JPG

2. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

i 90% percent sure a 20 high is too small for them...

3. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

it’s not! based off of research, you could fit one in a 10 gallon if you wanted but I thought that was too small! this will do fine for at least one axie! question is two or just one! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice