Axolotl Floating

AxolotlAquarist

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a young and very small axolotl who lives by himself in a twenty-gallon long. The water is around 65 degrees. There is no light on the tank. The substrate is fine sand. He recently switched from frozen blood worms to commercial axolotl pellets.
He's had plenty of air bubbles before; he just floated around for maybe a day and then released them, and he was fine. Sometimes, when they were bad, I'd fridge him for a bit. Recently, though, he's been floating at the top and it's lasted for several days now. His side bulges out and he's almost upside down. It's hard for him to eat. I've never seen an air bubble this bad, if that's what it is. As we're remodeling our kitchen, we currently have no access to a fridge. Anyone know if I should be very concerned about my axolotl?

Ava quallen

Reaction score
AxolotlAquarist said:
I have a young and very small axolotl who lives by himself in a twenty-gallon long. The water is around 65 degrees. There is no light on the tank. The substrate is fine sand. He recently switched from frozen blood worms to commercial axolotl pellets.
He's had plenty of air bubbles before; he just floated around for maybe a day and then released them, and he was fine. Sometimes, when they were bad, I'd fridge him for a bit. Recently, though, he's been floating at the top and it's lasted for several days now. His side bulges out and he's almost upside down. It's hard for him to eat. I've never seen an air bubble this bad, if that's what it is. As we're remodeling our kitchen, we currently have no access to a fridge. Anyone know if I should be very concerned about my axolotl?
He’s probably bloated so I would from now on
feed him cut up earth worms or red wiggler worms good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom