Axolotl Digging Sand Out Of Corner.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg

So i just noticed today that my axolotl loves to scratch all the sand from this side of the tank and i was wondering if that’s something they do, or normal.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How big of a tank is he in? I know my loaches will do that when they’re swimming and hit the end of the tank, but want to keep going in that direction. They end up digging the corners out like that.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
2211Nighthawk said:
How big of a tank is he in? I know my loaches will do that when they’re swimming and hit the end of the tank, but want to keep going in that direction. They end up digging the corners out like that.
Its a 20g long

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As long as he's not eating the sand, I really wouldn't worry about corner digging. It's common for a variety of fish, and even bunnies (lol).

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
AquaticJ said:
As long as he's not eating the sand, I really wouldn't worry about corner digging. It's common for a variety of fish, and even bunnies (lol).
I did notice him sucking up something last night but i had something tragic happen and i havent had time to clean the access poop and whatnot from the tank so im hoping thats what it was.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom