Axolotl Baby.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Basicfgts, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Basicfgts

BasicfgtsValued MemberMember

IMG_0125.jpg
    This is rune. Ive been feeding rune earthworms since i got him/her. I cut them up into somewhat small pieces and they eat all of them but i have noticed runes poop is more on the gooey side. I haven’t actually stuck my hand in to touch it and i was wondering if it’s natural since rune wont look at pellets. Trust me, ive tried.

2. Caleb Smith

Caleb SmithValued MemberMember

It's difficult to describe but gooey sounds pretty normal. A picture would be helpful. Just make sure the pieces you are feeding him are very small and besides that, there shouldn't be a problem. Also, he is pretty small to be attempting pellets. I would wait till he gets a solid 6-7 inches.

3. PatientStars

PatientStarsValued MemberMember

Can I ask where you got Rune? I'm looking into trading out two of my 10 gallons freshwater fish tanks and getting a 30 gallon for two axalotls. I love them and have heard they're fairly easy keepers, but I'm not sure where to purchase them from.

4. Caleb Smith

If you check out Caudata.org, you will find tons of individuals selling axolotl babies often for cheap. As well, they have tons of great advice about Axi care. I definitely wouldn't call them easy keepers because they are very picky but they make up for it in personality.

5. OP
    OP
    Basicfgts

I got mine from a reptile convention tbh. A hour or so from where i live.

6. OP
    OP
    Basicfgts

IMG_0127.jpg
    Sorry for the late reply but, heres what im assuming is runes poo. Was wondering if it looks normal.

7. Caleb Smith

From here, it looks pretty normal. From the pics I have seen and what you said, he seems to be perfectly normal. As long as he is pooping regularly I wouldnt worry too much about the consistency when you are feeding worms.

8. OP
    OP
    Basicfgts

Oh yeah, rune poops alot thats for sure .