AWWWWWWW!!! 3 dead Guorami's

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Its really weird. Before I went to bed, they were fine. They were being fish. I woke up this morning and their ALL 3 dead. I checked everything and the read out was good. The temp was fine and everything. I dunno what happened.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
When you say everything was okay, did you have readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, or do you have test strips that just tell you safe or unsafe? If you had readings with numbers, please post what these readings were. Your ammonia and nitrites should be at zero, and your nitrates should be between around 5 and 20. Let us know. I'm very sorry to hear about your fish! :-\

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Boxermom said:
In general, gourami should not be kept together as they tend to become aggressive with each other. Particularly males.
Tell that to my wife's friend who has had these fish for over a year. Now I know you don't know what your talkin about.

Anyways, yes, I checked everything

ammonia: 0
nirite: 0
nirate: 12.3

I know thats not what killed them. Oh well, its sad, but it happens.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Since your parameters look good, I'm thinking it might possibly be ph? How long have you had these fish?

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you read carefully, I said IN GENERAL. Yes, some can be kept together. It depends on the individuals. But in general, they tend to have problems.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom