aww smash bros delayed for wii (anybody else have a wii)

atmmachine816
Smash bros. brawl is delayed for the wiI which means mario kart is going to be delayed too. Anybody else have a wii?

Gozer_1
I WANT MY BRAWL. Yes I have a Wii, and I'm very sad about the delay. Gonna have to pick up Galaxy to placate my urges. I bought Lego Star Wars yesterday so I think that'll keep me occupied for a little bit anyway. Still need to finish final battle of Metroid P3 too. I got so close the first time and just haven't tried again. Everybody Votes is one of my favorite WiI features strangely enough. At first I thought it'd be something I never used. Next thing I know I check for new polls everyday. lol So, I guess I can wait..... For a little while lol. I just showed my roomates the video of Sonic in Brawl. I remember when Melee came out and EGM made an April fools day joke about a code to unlock Sonic. Now it's a reality. Snake too. Me I'm a Kirby Player though.

sirdarksol
Yes, I have a Wii.
Don't particularly care about Smash Bros, but I love my Wii.
I love my Resident Evil 4. Creepy cultists whispering "Die, die, die" in Spanish. It's awesome.
Umbrella Chronicles came out today. Yay! Then, they set themselves up nicely for 5. The RE games are so much easier when you can actually aI'm at the enemies.
I've got to get Metroid. I also have to get a GC controller so I can finish the second Metroid Prime.

COBettaCouple
seems like most of the big games from nintendo come with big delays on the wii.

Gozer_1
seems like most of the big games from nintendo come with big delays on the wii.

Theres been kind of a lot of delays for WiI games in general. I think a lot of developers didn't expect the WiI to be such a raging success so they didn't devote a lot of resources to it. As for Nintendos own franchises, I don't know. I think now that people are getting into the control setup they see new ways of using the Wiimote. You get 10 million people on something and someone will have ideas. Maybe they delayed some of their own titles to go back and fine tune the control experience. It's definitely not graphic improvement. I don't think they care so much about that. I think the Wiis success was even a bit of a suprise to Nintendo. We can all agree that the Gamecube was a bit of a flop. Sega never recovered from their flop. (Saturn) Although I still love my Dreamcast. It is one of the best systems ever but developers wouldn't get on the bus with it. People still ask Nintendo about going software only. They just don't realize that the WiI has outsold everything ever except the DS.

atmmachine816
I can't wait either Gozer, I finally got super strikers which will keep me busy for awhile. How is lego star wars, I'm considering getting it along with blazing angels and fifa 08? The new characters look sweet for brawl, I like wario

I don't play the resident evil games, actually haven't ever seen one in play few of my friends are into that game. I think I might get the metroid games too, those sound good.

It seems like nitendo doesn't want to let feature games out near each other either, they seem to release all their good games now several months apart. Mario Kart isn't coming out till fall next year now I think too.

Do you guys have online, I'm hoping to get it soon.

Gozer_1
Legos Star Wars is great. Not a lot different from the original release but you get part one and part two in one game. There are SOOOOO many characters too. I have Blazing Angels and it's fun. I enjoyed playing it because flying with WiI controls is ALOT of fun. The game its self is not really that good. The voice acting doesn't always match up to the game going on. Like it'll be telling you to finish an objective even though you're half way through the next objective. It also had a couple spots that were VERY frustrating to get through. Like I said though its great fun despite being a "lame" game, as weird as that sounds. If it had been a quality game it would be a must buy. Its more of a taste of what a WiI flight sI'm could be. There are several control setups .The one I liked you use the nunchuck like a flight stick. The Wiimote is just for the A buton to watch your target. It really makes flying fun even in a crappy game. In the end I can't really recommend buying though. I'd rent it first to see if the fun is worth the lameness of the game.

Yeah I'm Online though I have no games to play online. The whole friend code thing is kind of a pain so I haven't really thought about it. I don't have local friends with Wiis and haven't made that leap of faith and gave out any friend codes online. Not that I'm adverse to it, just haven't. If any one here is online or gets online with their WiI I'd be glad to exchange friend codes. Might encourage me to buy Strikers. lol

atmmachine816
Yes I really enjoyed the first lego star wars, I will seriously consider buying that game. The other flying game I was looking at was heatseeker but it looked like another one when you simply lock onto target and press button and destroy. I'll probably rent them both like you said and see which one is best.

I do not have online now but am trying to figure out how to get it. We have a wired router since our computers are next to each other so I will have to talk to my dad about getting internet to play strikers. Do you know if you have a dsl modem pluggen into your phone jack and use this I could get internet or does the modem have to come from a computer first? My other option is to buy and hope it sends a strong enough signal down to my basement or see if I can put a wireless router into a wired router. If I get internet I'll give you my code, don't know if anybody else has one on here.

this game actually looks like it could be kinda cool, go diving.

Stradius011
I bought a gamecube like a year ago but there's like no games for GC now in stores T_T. I should try to get wiI later

Gozer_1
Do you know if you have a dsl modem pluggen into your phone jack and use this I could get internet or does the modem have to come from a computer first? My other option is to buy and hope it sends a strong enough signal down to my basement or see if I can put a wireless router into a wired router. If I get internet I'll give you my code, don't know if anybody else has one on here.

this game actually looks like it could be kinda cool, go diving.

The first option you metion is an ethernet adaptor for Wii. It plugs into the back and allows you to connect to the internet via wire. You'd have to run a wire from your existing wired modem to your Wii. I don't know anything about the range of the wifI adaptor. I can say DO NOT BUY the WifI Maxx WiI adaptor. I've seen it in action. It doesn't work. You can certainly plug a wireless router into your modem. Again range may be an issue but easier to boost. I don't know how it would work using a second modem. I don't know how that works.

Forever Blue looks great yes I agree. Diving WiI style

So, I heard an interesting story on a Podcast (GoNintendo.com Webcast) I listen too discussing WiI game manufacturing. All Nintendo games are made by Nintendo. As in the Disc or cartridge is manufactured by Nintendo. The raging success of the WiI has caused A LOT of developers to jump on the WI ride. This huge influx of new games to manufacture has the factories flooded. Sounds to me like part of these delays may be in trying to actually manufacture the game.

atmmachine816
I've read some bad reviews on the wiI wifI adaptor and with your opinion I am not going to buy it now. I think I will work on buying a wire to go from my modem to my wii, I believe I will need an erthernet cord, but I will have to talk to my dad bout that.

Ya that would make sense, they can't keep up with the demand for the wiI games.

You won't regret getting a wiI stradius, they are a lot of fun.

Coryd55
My bro has one. The only games I play are Zelda and the WiI Sports. He has Red Steel, Tom Clancy, and somin else to though. I just hate the little Wiimotes. I'm sticking to my nice Xbox from 03 lol

Gozer_1
atmmachine816
Yes I think I will go with the wired connection since we already have a wired router and I don't think my dad wants to setup a wireless router. I'll just have to find a erthernet cable long enough, I looked on the link and I have everything else that I need. Do you know how much the erthernet cables cost?

Gozer_1
Yes I think I will go with the wired connection since we already have a wired router and I don't think my dad wants to setup a wireless router. I'll just have to find a erthernet cable long enough, I looked on the link and I have everything else that I need. Do you know how much the erthernet cables cost?

Here's a link to a 100ft cable on sale at amazon for 10 bucks.

That's CHEAP. You can get other lengths if 100 ft is too long. If you need more than 100 ft, you'll likely need to make your own cable or use another router midway with 2 cables. 100ft is quite a bit. You can go as long as 328 feet if you make it your self. After 328ft you might need an extender but that's REALLY far, and just remember the longer the slower.

atmmachine816
Ya I only need about 40' but I think 50' is probably what they would come in. I'm assuming some cables have a faster transfer rate than others, since that's why they are more expensive. I will look into getting that cable, my dad might be ordering me a gps running watch from amazon so he could just add that in for 10 bucks, which wouldn't be bad.

Gozer_1
Ya I only need about 40' but I think 50' is probably what they would come in. I'm assuming some cables have a faster transfer rate than others, since that's why they are more expensive. I will look into getting that cable, my dad might be ordering me a gps running watch from amazon so he could just add that in for 10 bucks, which wouldn't be bad.

You definitely can get fast cables, but the price goes up considerably with speed. Guess I better pick up Strikers so I can get some practice. lol
Oh and try to get the shortest cable that will still reach. That will help speed as well.

atmmachine816
Can you play online with star wars? Yes I hope to have internet by xmass or no later than jan. sometime. My friend has a cable for his xbox360 so I'll try to find out where he got his and get one similar.

Gozer_1
Unfortunately no Online for Lego Star Wars Would be so awesome though.

Well, sounds like I got a month or so to pick up Strikers and get some practice. lol Atleast then I'll stand a chance lol.

atmmachine816
haha at least a month, I'll probably wait till after christmass to get my internet. Probably use my money from working extra over the holidays for it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ShaynaB
Replies
Views
lilirish
  • ELON MOLLUSK
  • Snails
Replies
Views
ELON MOLLUSK