Awesome find for API test tubes

jake37
Unless you provide a link it doesn't exist.

MomOfLiveBearers
jake37 said:
Unless you provide a link it doesn't exist.
Link added.

philly27
old post, but i found the drying racks were not long enough to stand alone from the bottom. they would sit in a puddle of water and take just as long as the typical way of drying the glass tubes. i just used a piece of nylon and drilled small holes in it and went to hobby lobby and bought 10 inch plastic sticks with a ballpoint tip. i can send pics if anybody even cares to what im talking about. they dry in about 20 minutes or so.

Betta'sAnonymous
philly27 said:
old post, but i found the drying racks were not long enough to stand alone from the bottom. they would sit in a puddle of water and take just as long as the typical way of drying the glass tubes. i just used a piece of nylon and drilled small holes in it and went to hobby lobby and bought 10 inch plastic sticks with a ballpoint tip. i can send pics if anybody even cares to what im talking about. they dry in about 20 minutes or so.
I would like to see!

philly27
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I would like to see!
its not pretty per say, but it gets the job done. i bought a drying rack on amazon and it was basically ineffective...it needs air to breath from the bottom. i just drilled holes tight enough to wiggle those bad boys in and they are extremely sturdy. i have 4 tanks so it really comes in handy. btw those blue sticks were a few cents each.
image0 (1).jpeg

JettsPapa
I took a disposable coffee cup, folded up a paper towel, put it in the bottom. After rinsing I stick the tubes in it upside down. It doesn't look especially pretty, but I keep it in a desk drawer, so it doesn't matter. The best thing is it cost about $0.25.

StarGirl
JettsPapa said:
I took a disposable coffee cup, folded up a paper towel, put it in the bottom. After rinsing I stick the tubes in it upside down. It doesn't look especially pretty, but I keep it in a desk drawer, so it doesn't matter. The best thing is it cost about $0.25.
I have plant baskets that I flip the tube into with paper towel underneath them. They are in the API test kit box. I just keep the ammonia, nitrate and ph on the other side because thats usually all I need.

Screenshot_20210417-130006_Gallery.jpg

MomOfLiveBearers
philly27 said:
Agreed. If they were a bit taller it would have been perfect. I ended up placing them upside down in the holes and balancing them on the lower joke so it wouldn't fall through.
I have 6 tanks now do I now use this. It gets the job done.

IMG_20210408_200854896.jpg

John58ford
I found the solution to that racks drain problem to be a rubber band criss-cross between the pegs.

20210420_123505.jpg

20210420_123754.jpg

When I only have one set of tubes on one of these racks I prefer that the pegs are short as I'm less likely to tip it over brushing against them. I'm glad someone else has found these on their own, I think I mentioned them in one of the tank maintenance threads a year or more ago but it wasn't seen by too many of us (much like this thread I somehow missed lol).

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom