Help Automatic fish feeder?

Jallen42

Reaction score
Hey all, does anybody have recommendations for an automatic fish feeder? I’ll be gone for a week without anybody to feed my pets!!

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have wasted money on these so that you don't have to.

The fish will be absolutely fine for a week.

An automatic feeder is unnecessary and more to do with the owner's feelings than the health of the fish.

The automatic fish feeders can be unreliable and do more harm than good including overdosing.

I have tried them and this is my recommendation.

AngelfishDude722

Reaction score
Redshark1 said:

An automatic feeder is unnecessary and more to do with the owner's feelings than the health of the fish.

The automatic fish feeders can be unreliable and do more harm than good including overdosing.

are you sure the fish won’t suffer any health risks from being not fed for a week I know that you can fast fish but I think that they would need something in betwee.

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Adult fish can and will survive perfectly fine for a week without food. It's actually better so that there's less waste while you're gone. I have also wasted money on three (3) different automatic feeders, one of which dumped it's entire contents into my tank. Don't do it.

AngelfishDude722

Reaction score
UnknownUser said:
Adult fish can and will survive perfectly fine for a week without food. It's actually better so that there's less waste while you're gone. I have also wasted money on three (3) different automatic feeders, one of which dumped it's entire contents into my tank. Don't do it.
Oh my god that one that dumped all of the food that’s just horrible. you do make a point though how there will be less waste I never thought of that. Also your name fits well because you are well known I love it my Guy.

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AngelfishDude722 said:
Oh my god that one that dumped all of the food that’s just horrible. you do make a point though how there will be less waste I never thought of that. Also your name fits well because you are well known I love it my Guy.
Yeah, wasn't a fun day!

OP
Jallen42

Jallen42

Reaction score
Redshark1 said:

Well thank you! I hope my fish don’t take a liking to my shrimp while I’m gone!!

OP
Jallen42

Jallen42

Reaction score
UnknownUser said:
Good to know! I really appreciate this!!

New Threads