Automatic Fish Feeder

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by slimeneo, Aug 10, 2014.

1. slimeneo

slimeneoValued MemberMember

I'm looking for an automatic fish feeder that will feed my fish once every two days (or even less than that) since I'm going on vacation for a month. My tank is a 10 gal, heavily planted, with only 2 guppies (not quite adults yet) and 1 nerite snail. All the programmable feeders I've seen all feed everyday. I am worried that since I don't even feed them everyday when I'm actually home, that the extra food will cause an ammonia problem. I feed them New Life Spectrum .5mm pellets, only a few each time.

I can potentially get someone to come and feed probably like once a week... which will probably (?) be okay but still looking for a better option.

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks :)

2. Dolfan

DolfanFishlore VIPMember

I have this auto feeder and I love it....

It works great with pellet or flakes. The lowest you can set it on is once per day feeding and will last for 14 days at that point. So it doesn't have the every other day feeding you were looking for, but because of the design with compartments you put the food into, you could just put half as much food in each compartment. It slowly drops whatever food is in the compartment into the tank at the time you specify. They are very cheap at little over $20 and work very well in my opinion.

3. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

slimeneoValued MemberMember

That looks good! So technically, I could just put food in every other compartment and it'll just feed every other day, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice