Automatic Feeder With Bacter Ae

Drewbacca

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’m leaving town for a week soon and want to find some kind of auto feeder while I’m away. I have the EHEIM feeder for my 55 gallon, but it won’t work for my shrimp. I use a combination of Bacter AE, Shrimp Dinner pads, and Mineral Junkie. The rotating barrel types wouldn’t work because it would dump a ton of the powder. I’ve also read that the ones where you pre pour the portions can have moister problems and flakes and powder get stuck and don’t come out. Anyone have any suggestions?

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Personally I think your shrimp will be fine for a week. How big is your colony? I sometimes leave a chunk of zucchini on a skewer when I’m gone. But only big enough for them to finish it in a couple of days. Then they will be ok just eating biofilm etc. Otherwise, I have no suggestions on auto feeders, sorry. I think they cause more harm than good.

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No more than a 1/4 spoon of bactor AE the day you leave and a very small 1/2" square of cooked zucchini and they'll be fine

Drewbacca

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It turns out I’m gonna have some Endler’s in there too, so I will have an autofeeder with some small flakes. That may be enough.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom