Automatic diagnostic tool with pictures

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hello

It would be an idea to ask a set of eliminatory questions regarding the symptoms of the disease. Replying would take the user to the next question, until a diagnosis can be reached. Things like: is the fish behaviour changed? if yes, does the rub itself against objects in the tank? if yes does the fish have white spots on the skin? if no does the fish have worm-like sticks attached to its skin? If no, etc. Once the disease is identified, the solution and background information would be given.

Thanks

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Wow, just checked it. That's great information, btw.

Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in mind.

It's possible to make it really fancy of couse, i.e. only seeing the following information when you've clicked on one of the option, but I guess it wouldn't add any real value. I've seen that on another website (sorry, don't have the details right now, but am sure I could dig them out) and it looked really fancy. The alternative (i.e. showing all information as a decision tree on same page, as per what you've showed me) is also great, so no need to get all interactive I guess.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, you could code a program in realbasic to do that and work on all platforms.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Well that would be fabulous. Would be even more fabulous if my mysterious molly disease could be in there somehow! Am still searching and I WILL find out what's wrong with the little buggers.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
sounds a great idea to me!!
hope your mollys get sorted soon too
tan

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Thanks, Tan!

tan.b

Well Known Member