Austrailian boesmani rainbowfish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by beckers4oranges, Mar 22, 2006.

1. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

bough two pictures up soon

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Excellent!

3. RoboDudeValued MemberMember

Can't wait!

4. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

i lost my camera....been missing for a month now....:(

5. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

found it...pictures coming soon!!!

6. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Can't wait to see the pictures Beckers. Raibowfishes are so beautiful. The pictures will have to be great!

7. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

here a couple pictures...the other ones didnt turn out that great because they are very active...and hardly stay still...ill try to get more up

Attached Files:

8. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

i need to do a water change with it but my house recently flooded do to the washing machine... and my fish bucket was used :'( so now i have to buy a new one so i can change their water....

oh and the two fish the top one is a female and the bottom is a male....

9. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Why do you have to get a new bucket, all you do is put dirty water in it right?

10. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Beckers, your fish are so beautiful! I knew the pictures were going to be great. BEAUTIFUL FISH!!! I'm jealous! :)

11. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

wow, those are some pretty sweet fish 8) ;)

12. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

well no i put the clean water in that bucket to get fill that tanks back up.... i have a gravel vac that just takes the water out side of my house... its got a 30 foot hose... but the bucket was contaminated but i got a new one today... plus my dad stole the old one lol...but thanks for all the comments... ill try to get more pcitures of them but its hard because their fast little guys

13. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Awesome fish! 8)
    I know what you mean, I was trying to take pics of my Guppies and Platys... :p

14. ncjeValued MemberMember

Great fish.... I have actually caught some similar rainbow fish in Australia wild before, they actually transferred to tank very well and in the right conditions can be fairly easily bred. Mate of mine has a beautiful show tank in his house back home, its 4' x 4' x 2' totally planted and with about 25 of this species. He uses a wet n dry filter under the tank (yes its big), but one of the most beautiful aquariums I know.

15. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Beckers, how large do Boseman's rainbows grow? Are they fast or slow swimmers? What are their temperaments? In what groups are they recommended to be kept? Are they easily available at fish stores?

16. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

3-4 inches...they are very very fast and active swimmers...very peacefulkept with most fish...very easy to get

17. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Sounds very cool :) Maybe I'll get them one day when I have that huge tank I dream about, hehe :)

18. smillermomValued MemberMember

Beautiful pics and fish!!!!

19. boffValued MemberMember

Hi, ive got 4 boseman and 3 red rainbows they are about 2.5 inches long and are stating to show there colours, at what size do you think they will be adults.Rainbows i think are one of the best fish to buy they get on with every other fish in my 220l community tank .When they get older i will post some pictures ,if i can get them to stop swimming for a second because they are allways doing something cheers boff. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice