Austrailia

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here live in Austrailia? My sister is going there for a month with this charity on the 11 of July. I was just wondering if anyone lived there.

I will miss her when she goes. :'( I won't know what to do at home. It will be so quiet without her. But at least there won't be anyone to annoy me!! ;D

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I actually have cousins in Australia, but I never even went there. From what I hear and see on TV and in magazines, Australia is so beautiful. You sister will have a great time there! Don't worry ... she's not going to stay there forever, so it's only a matter of time when you'll see her again

P.S. I think J-Man is from Australia.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool! Do you know where your cousins live? My sister is going to Brisbon or somewhere like that.

Gwenz

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Brisbane's nice this time of year as its the dry season there (subtropical) so she should have good weather, and there is lots to do & see. Sydney will be pretty cold and **** weather but there's so much there to see, I think Im going there for a week or two in December.
Anythin else u wanna know

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds good! It's meant to rain the day she getts there!! Oh well, never mind. She's going tomorrow. What the time there with you at the moment? Then I can try to work out the time difference.

Thanks

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gunnie! Australia is 9 hours ahead of me here. I think my sister will be very tired when she gets there!!

I miss here already. She left this morning. :'(

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Imagine how long it takes to fly to Australia from the US! Probably twice as long as from the UK, with various transfers on your way. And it may cost more than $1,000! Probably around $1,200 this time of the year.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's a 17 hour trip from the east coast. I couldn't sit on a plane that long. I'd have to stop somewhere for a day or 2 and then fly the rest of the way.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes it would probably take ages to fly from US. It takes about 12-13 hours from UK. Though my sister stopped halfway. She is in Singapore at the moment. From what I've heard from her so far, she is having a lot of fun.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Fish_r_friend, yes, if the plane took a path over the Pacific Ocean, I suppose? From the East Coast, I was referring to the path over the Atlantic Ocean - with transfers in Europe, and possibly elsewhere. If the plane was to fly over the Atlantic Ocean from the West Coast, with transfers in Europe ... imagine how long that would take!

Gwenz, that sounds interesting ... Singapore! See, even the transfers themselves are worth the trip, lol.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just had an E-mail from her. She's very tired. She's never been further that France before, so being on the plane for so long must be tiering for her.

Gwenz

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ive been to Singapore for a few days, its pretty cool place funnily enough as we got stuck there as we were on standby and didnt get on the flight for 3 days (my dad works for QANTAS). There are apparently a lot of fish and plant farms there for the aquarium trade. Also its a 13hour flight from Singapore to the UK and another 8hrs to Adelaide, I think 7 to Sydney. I have heaps of cousins and relatives in the UK. Dont think I have any in the US, but I do have some in Canada.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's cool J-Man. Have you ever been to the UK? Or do your cousins visit you in Australia? I have cousins in Australia but never even been there. They came a few times to the US though. I definitely have to go to Australia one day

P.S. This is a serious question, don't laugh: do people have tame kangaroos there? Do kangaroos bite? (LOL) Do you see a lot of them in nature? Or do you have to look for them in order to see one? I'd love to be able to touch one! I also love the way they carry their babies in the "pockets" LOL ... that's so cute.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My sister went with a charity, and the charity goes every year with different people.

They told my sister that if they see a kangaroo to turn around and walk the other way because they have a very nasty kick. They also said it could be quite dangerous to get up close to one.

I like kangaroos though, and like you would love to see one. I heard from my sister the other day and she said that she held a koala bear. I wish I could be there, she's done so much and she's only been there a week! This week though she has to do conservation work as a part of being out there to help the charity.

J-Man - where in UK do your cousins live in UK? Yes it's a very long flight from UK to Singapore. My sister stopped half way though and stayed there over night before getting on another plane to Singapore.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL, I thought you'd laugh ;D Anyway, it's good that at least in zoos you could touch kangaroos and pet them. I LOVE koalas! Would love to hold one. They are so cute. Your sister must have loved it Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom