Aussie Wildlife

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I hope these are in order. They were taken on a trip in outback NSW late last year. I'm not certain of the snake but I think it was a Black Banded Python. The snake is aobut 6ft long & the Goanna it's munching is about 4-5ft long. Quite a meal.

Attachments

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Those are awesome pics! I was wondering what your new Avatar was.

Thanks for sharing them with us. I guess the snake was good for a few weeks to a month after that meal.

Gouramiguy17

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's pretty cool, I've always wanted to go to nsw, just wondering: how big of a deal is that coal ship that wretched on the great barrier reef and is leaking oil?

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Very cool...I had been trying to see what that was in your avatar......loll

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Like the rest said I always wish to know what was that in your Avatar. That is awesome. My snakes are 4ft long and they eat rats but if they get a large rat they don't eat it they are scare of big rats.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
lol... I guess I wan't the only curious one, Graeme. Thanks for posting these - they are really cool. And thank you for taking the time to explain to me.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's pretty cool, I've always wanted to go to nsw, just wondering: how big of a deal is that coal ship that wretched on the great barrier reef and is leaking oil?
The ship getting wrecked on the Barrier Reef is bad news. 2000 ton of coal as well as oil etc leaking into such a fragile ecosystem is never a good thing. I havn't been following the news much lately but the last I heard they have to wait for a king tide to get the ship off the reef. The next one of those isn't for around 6 weeks I believe. They have also stated that there is a distinct possibility that the entire ship will break up before any salvage attempt can be made. The worst part is that they think the captain of the ship was trying to take a short cut through the reef system. He was in an area that no ship is allowed to be in the first place. It's not the worst catastrophe ever but as I said before, it sure ain't good.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom