attn: Lucy or Shawnie

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by oscarluvr74, Apr 12, 2010.

1. oscarluvr74

oscarluvr74New MemberMember

Just wanted to let you all know that in spite of our effort to save Oscar, he passed away on 4/11/10. I want to let you know that we purchased a testing kit for our water and have tested all four tanks for their p.h., amonia, nitrites, and nitrate levels. We will not be adding any more fish to them untill we get them regulated to safe levels. We also purchased Prime which was highly recomended by many of you and treated all tanks with it. I want to thank all of you for caring enough to share your expertise and knowlege. It's nice to know that there are other people out there who care about their fish as much as we do. We just need to make sure that we are educated more about other conditions that factor into keeping healthy fish such as the water that they live in. Thanks again for everything!

Oscarluvr74

2. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I'm sorry you lost Oscar. :console:

3. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Sorry You lost you Oscar. Well That's why we are here to try to help and educate the ones that have been misinformed by store sales people just to make a sale. Good luck in getting your tanks in good water parameters.

4. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

I'm so sorry you lost him. :(

Thank you for the update, I had been thinking about you both today.
    Sure wish it was a better outcome.

He was in pretty bad shape when you got him. You tried your very best to save him, so I have hope find solace in that.

5. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

awww :( Im also very sorry .....rip you handsome fish!!!
    I wish it was a better outcome as well...maybe his death will help other fish you may acquire? good luck with things!!

6. Jrobber

JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Sorry about your lose friend, but now you have more experience in caring for your next Oscar.