Attacked betta?

1. anunez91 Member Member

i have a 10g with a divider, i think that my bigger one destroyed the little one, hes still liveley but his fins are shot, ive got another tank but its cycling right now and i dont want to put him back in the other tank cause im affraid i might come back next time and he will be dead. Im totally lost as to what to do, my back up isnt ready yet, right now hes in a big cup.

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi anunes91
    I moved your post to a thread of it's own.
    You'll get more personalized attnetion this way and it'll be less confusing for member who have suggestions.

Did one betta get to ther other through the divider or did he have tank mates?
    The injured one really should be in a nice warm tank. Keep the water pristine.
    Depending on how nad he is, some extra Stress coat, vita-chem and garlic guard should help him heal.
    He should have a tall silk plant he can rest on and not have to expend the energy to get to the top for air.

Good luck, I hope he gets better soon.

3. anunez91 Member Member

thanks! He got through to the other side. They are the only two in the tank other that my two snails. I think i bummped it out of place doing a water change. Ive started water changes every other day. Im using stress coat and a more generic version of it (big al's multi purpose water conditioner with aloe) The tank is at a steady 79 degrees. They keep flairing at eachother so im thinking about sticking some background over one half of the divider on the insides of the edges of the little plastic things that hold it straight, that way theres no additional stress. Thanks for your help! I have a question about PH. Can i ask it in this thread or should i start another one?

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

You can start another thread here:
    pH

5. anunez91 Member Member

alright, thanks! =]