Attaching plants to lava rock help?

taylormarie213

I posted a similar question before but this is more specific to the type of rock and plants I want to attach to it.
I heard that plants such as anubias and java ferns do great glued on to rocks or driftwood than planted in substrate. I have a large lava rock that I'm going to put in my tank and would love attach some plants to it.

My question is, how do I glue on the plants to the rocks? My lava rock has many holes and crevices so can I just put a little glue in the crevice and put the plant there?

Also, where do I put the glue onto the plant? I know the rhizome is off limits.

Any other tips is appreciated!

Bluebellie

I stuck my anubia on some black lava rock with thread. I just tied it around a couple of times and that worked for me. I used the same color thread as the rock and you can’t see it from outside the tank.

taylormarie213

I stuck my anubia on some black lava rock with thread. I just tied it around a couple of times and that worked for me. I used the same color thread as the rock and you can’t see it from outside the tank.
oh good idea about the colored thread. Thank you for the advice!

Asomeone

Fishing line is always your best friend. Its very low profile and extremely strong. You can also use a couple differnt types of super glue as well as what I use...seachems reef glue. Very fast bonding and you are able to attach just about any plant to any surface while underwater with minimal issue.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
Revan
Replies
Views
Unknown9182
Replies