ATP's mini planted tank

1. ATP Well Known Member Member

Hi,

This is my mini tank tank:) (newly set up. Barely a week old)

82.jpg

It was a bad/ugly 10 gal. quarantine type of tank that I only kept female guppies. I sold the guppies and took apart everything and move it into a 5 gal. bow front. It was originally an all glass aquarium mini bow 5 toy tank. I removed the rim at the top and toss away the bottom stand/ trim thing so now it's rim less :)

It's using a whisper submersible filter, but I'm going to replace it with a DIY mini canister filter so it wouldn't look so bad. As for the heater, I'm planning to cover it up with plants

I'm going to remove the substrate and replace it with either carib sea or seachem substrate for planted tank and them cover it up with a thin layer of gravel.

I'm all so going to be replacing the light (currently using and 18 watt table lamp) with a 24 watt PC fixture.

There's three fish in there. A male guppy fry and two platy fries. When they're big enough for my 30 gal. I'll replace them with three harlequin rasboras and maybe a dwarf gurami. The tank should be covered with plants by summer. Any help with plants? Looking for a good background and fore grown

ATP,
    :;fr:;fg:;fb:;f

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello ATP. Your plans sound great. I really like my Anubia plant and floating moss balls.
    I'll be looking forward to your updates!
    Ken

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I like the tank! How old are the platy fry?

4. ATP Well Known Member Member

Thanks,

I think it looks great for a week old tank. I'll stock up plants as soon as my light fixture arrives and then I could re do the substrate. The platys are about a month. maybe two months can't really remember.

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They look huge compared to mine.

6. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I like the tank. :) A few more months and your plants will look swell ;D Well done!

7. ATP Well Known Member Member

thanks. They might look huge because of the bow all so.