At least 5% of my leaves from plants and floaters are yellow

AnoobIA

My planted tank is 3 months old and heavily planted, there are floaters as well.

my substrate is fluval stratum and lights are on 8hrs a day. Never had an algae problem yet which tells me there’s so much plants that it’s out competing them algae.

all my plants aren’t yellow but very very few plants including the floaters, usually the water lettuce, has one leaf that’s yellow.
I have been dosing liquid ferts as well daily with 0.1ml. I’m still observing whether how my tank will react and adjust accordingly. Last time I dosed 1ml and some algae started to grow on the hard scape and hydra started appearing. Also tank has no co2
what can I do to make my plants look pristine? Do I add more ferts and potassium?

Cody

Definitely with issues nutrients deficiencies you will see it with the floaters first. You won’t see the floaters will yellow leave rebound but if you can dial the tank back in new growth should green up again.

As far as what to dose, that is going to be trial and error, which It sounds like you’ve s already experienced. Even thinning out some of the current floaters may help buy creating a little less competition.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Trekker1125
Replies
Views
Fishstery
Replies
Views
Rachelwkeaton
  • Question
Replies