At Last...My Fish Room

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's as done as it's going to get for right now.. Hubby is making me a stand that will go on the wall that the 16 gallon is on, the tank with the Brichardi's. That's why it's so bare right now..The stand will hold a couple of 20's and my 10's. That's going to take a couple of days so I'm just waiting patiently. He's also making me a Water changing system tomorrow that will go in the closet..It's a 30 gallon bucket with a heater and a pump plumed into our water...He's scoring big brownie points for that one!!!.The tanks that are in here are a 55gallon, 20 gallon, 16 gallon and 3 10's and a 2 gallon..I have 4 other tanks that aren't in here...The 120, 2 10's and the snail tank..The cories are in the 20 gallon long just keeping it cycled until by sweet little L-144's get here..Then I was thinking about giving the cories a 10 and getting a couple more and trying to breed them but I'm taking it slow soo we'll see..Why do I have soooo many empty tanks??..I REALLY need to start stocking!!..It's not much but It's a start..It's pretty Humble but I'm hoping within a year I can take over our basement.>...Here is my fishroom. What do you think about the "free" paint job?

SWilkins

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow!!! That looks great. Congrats. Oh I need to know more about that water changing system. Boy I want one of those....fish room and water changing system!!!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cesch that came out great!!! you all worked very hard on that...I'm very proud of you!!! and id die for a watering system like that....its total bucket mode here ....I think also, the paint job is my fav!!!!!!!! (almost better than the fish) as its my ultimate color ....
you have to be so happy! now how can we fill all those tanks ;D

SWilkins

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With everybody on here filling the tanks should not be a problem. We just go check for extras which we all know we have babies of this that and the other and see what our friend likes and needs fishwise. What is on your fish wish list???

Angela_96

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations on getting a fishroom!!!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Awesome. I hope to have an aquarium room myself in the not too distant future. It looks great. I think I would live in that room day and night!

hkirchen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow!.......Wow!........Wow! (That was what I was saying as I was looking at your pictures!)

It is obvious that you worked very hard to complete this project, and I am glad that you can now enjoy your efforts. I can't wait to see the breeding tank with those L-144's! I love the setup in that tank.

Jealous over here!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It looks really super! I love the color. You've done a great job.

LifeSAbeach

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looking Good! Have fun decorating and stocking. I love your idea of the preheated water tank. That has got me going on trying to do the same. Brilliant idea!

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
aw yay!!!! congrats cesch!!! it's looking great, can't wait for stocking!

bigreddog

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looks great. Just one little concern,Ive had that black metal shelving and i'm not sure how much weight I would trust with it ,as they a kinda flimsy and very tippy, otherwise looks good and congrats.

OP
CHoffman

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks guys!!
I do need to start stocking these tanks..lol...
That black shelf is not very sturdy at all..that's why all those tanks are empty..It's just holding the empty tanks right now they will go on the shelf that's being built and that black stand will just hold supplies.

I love how it turned out and just can't wait for it to come together.

bigreddog

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CHoffman said:
Thanks guys!!
I do need to start stocking these tanks..lol...
That black shelf is not very sturdy at all..that's why all those tanks are empty..It's just holding the empty tanks right now they will go on the shelf that's being built and that black stand will just hold supplies.

I love how it turned out and just can't wait for it to come together.
That's what I figured ,Just didn't want to see you have a big kaboom in themiddle of the night and wake up to a disaster Looks great!

OP
CHoffman

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bigreddog said:
That's what I figured ,Just didn't want to see you have a big kaboom in themiddle of the night and wake up to a disaster Looks great!
Yes, it would be a mess...Hubby put supports on it for me to make it more secure and I tried to put a full 10 gallon on it and It just wasn't trustworthy..lol...It came with the house when we bought it so no lose on money, but it is pretty cheaply made. Thanks for the warning though. That much water wouldn't be easy to clean up. not to mention the poor fish.

platy ben

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, what a great fish room , I'm jelous
Keep us posted with pics

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Congrats on your finished fishroom Cesch!!! It looks great I am so envious The water changing system sounds so interesting! I can't wait to see your plecos when they get here. Seriously girl, you have got to start filling those tanks, lol!

New Threads