Assorted Sword Id?

irow

Hi, I’m new to plants, and I recently bought an “assorted sword” plant from Petsmart. I have no idea what it is, so I could use some help IDing it please It's the lighter green one, round leaves, that actually looks real lol

At the moment, it is loosely buried in my gravel, I don’t know if I need to bury it completely..? Is the crown good where it is or should I replant?

Do I need root tabs? Is my light good enough (marineland led hood light)? Does it like being near the filter output?

Thanks

Sorry for the fake plants in the way... They're gonna be gone if I can get plants to work for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1743.JPG
    IMG_1743.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1744.JPG
    IMG_1744.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 124

Giul

I’m not sure exactly what sword that is but you’re good leaving it planted in the gravel. I’ve never added root tabs for my swords and they’ve all done excellent- even with my basic top fin light. My little sister keeps her sword by the filter output and it’s been fine- we currently don’t add any fertilizers to that tank and it’s not growing as quickly as the ones that receive Flourish but it’s still alive and well

irow

I’m not sure exactly what sword that is but you’re good leaving it planted in the gravel. I’ve never added root tabs for my swords and they’ve all done excellent- even with my basic top fin light. My little sister keeps her sword by the filter output and it’s been fine- we currently don’t add any fertilizers to that tank and it’s not growing as quickly as the ones that receive Flourish but it’s still alive and well
Okay, does depth look ok or should I pull it out a bit more?
Thanks

irow

After some research, could this be small bear echinodorus?

Crazycoryfishlady

This is what they call melon sword, I recently bought some as well. Little bear is far shorter and has slightly reddish leaves and is more bushy.

E. Osiris

irow

This is what they call melon sword, I recently bought some as well. Little bear is far shorter and has slightly reddish leaves and is more bushy.

E. Osiris
Thank you!!
Do I need to do anything special for it like root tabs? Does it look planted ok?

Crazycoryfishlady

Thank you!!
Do I need to do anything special for it like root tabs? Does it look planted ok?

No idea if it needs root tabs, but I'm sure it would probably enjoy them.
My substrate isn't the deepest, so sometimes it's hard to plant things, but these are my two that I got.

Bonus points for finding my shrimp in this picture!

15419121762401959126561.jpg

154191221892771811062.jpg

Yours seems healthier and better than mine!
I think I'm going to get more... How tall is your tank? Mine are in a 55 and are almost as tall as it.

15419123103151410417101.jpg

Giul

It should be fine planted like you already have it

irow

No idea if it needs root tabs, but I'm sure it would probably enjoy them.
My substrate isn't the deepest, so sometimes it's hard to plant things, but these are my two that I got.

Bonus points for finding my shrimp in this picture!

15419121762401959126561.jpg

154191221892771811062.jpg

Yours seems healthier and better than mine!
I think I'm going to get more... How tall is your tank? Mine are in a 55 and are almost as tall as it.

15419123103151410417101.jpg
It's a 20 high, and I just got it hahaha.
I'm eventually gonna switch all the gravel to sand, should I just replant it now, or let it be?

Crazycoryfishlady

It's a 20 high, and I just got it hahaha.
I'm eventually gonna switch all the gravel to sand, should I just replant it now, or let it be?

I think it would be a bit more difficult with a bunch of established roots, might be better to do it sooner than later.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MonteCarlo
Replies
Views
titusxander
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
  • Question
Replies