Status
Not open for further replies.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was planning on ordering one of these:

Has anyone ordered this before? Were you pleased? I'd like to put this guy, whatever he will be in a 30 gallon with a keyhole. Would I be better off just purchasing a Bolivian or German ram? I really like the cockatoos, but they are so expensive, and I live in south orange county. So, the fish stores here don't have much selection, so I order online. If anyone knows a local fish place around there, that'd be great, but my main question was whether the assorted apisto would work with a keyhole, or am I better off just getting a ram? Thanks in advance.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Update:

I have decided to order a Bolivian Ram and an assorted Apisto. However, due to live aquaria's minimum order policy, I will also have to order my cardinal tetras now as well. Thus, the order will be: 5 Tetras, one ram, and one apisto. Would it be okay to add all of these at once? The tank is well establish with 3 yoyo loaches and a DG already in the tank. It would be adding about 7 inches of fish, since they are juveniles, but I would like some opinions on whether this is safe. Thanks for your time.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I may be wrong, but I think "assorted apisto" could be any species of apisto. What you get may not be what is in the picture.

Bolivian rams do fine with many species of apisto.

In regards to the 7" of fish being added to the 30g tank, I think you'll be fine. Keep a close eye on your water parameters daily for two weeks and do extra water changes with prime if you get an ammonia or nitrite spike until your bacteria has a chance to catch up.

I hope this helps!

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you much, bolivian. You have been a great help through all of my questions. Anyone from SoCal know of any good places to get cichlids. I'd rather not leave it up to chance, and the Cockatoo is my dream fish, haha.

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One of our members, Harupa, may have some apistos available soon. You could always check with her if you're interested. I'm thinking of getting some myself She also has a thread on fish she has available for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom