Assassin Snail Lure

Guppy43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everyone! Last week I placed 2 assassin snails in my main 160 gallon planted tank to clear a ramshorn invasion, they seem to be working as the ramshorn numbers have fallen but I can’t find the 2 assassins anymore.

The tanks got alot of decor and the floor is barely visable so they might be hiding in the dark corners I can’t see, any way of luring them out to the open?

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know if there is anything you can offer them to lure them out as long as you still have plenty of their favorite food in your tank. I am curious as to why you want to lure them out.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SixThreeOh said:
Just give it some time and you'll be seeing a lot more than two.
Unless they are both either male or female. Unlike other species of snails when it come to assassins it does take both to have little ones.

Guppy43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mattgirl said:
I don't know if there is anything you can offer them to lure them out as long as you still have plenty of their favorite food in your tank. I am curious as to why you want to lure them out.
Something of a “strength check”, like to see if they’re still alive and not food for the scavengers

DoubleDutch said:
They burry themselves after having eaten.
Maybe that why I haven’t seen em doesn’t help their shells match the color of the river gravel I use

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Decided to sell some of the 40 - 50 I had.
They were all visible till the day I tried to catch them : NOWHERE to be found woohahaha.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom