Assassin snail eggs

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Butterbean, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I have been told that the assassin snail takes a male and female to lay eggs can anyone either post or direct me to pictures of assassin eggs? I have had pest snails and they go up out of the water to lay eggs and reproduce so fast I have never really looked for there eggs. I have 9 of the assassin snails and am really hoping they will reproduce. I would appreciate any information/pictures you can share on :animal0070:

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Hello butter I have had success with my pair! I haven't done anything special they just starting coupling!
    IMG_20121230_120607.jpg
    It was a good 3 1/2 months before I saw the first baby (last week in fact) just make sure there are plenty of baby snails for them to feed on :)

3. OP
    OP
    Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

They have made a big dint in my pest snail population so I put in some extra wafers and sure enough i have a mass of baby snails for food. I have been picking out the larger pest to try to help the assassin control the population. I have fallen in love with the little assassin snail. I never thought a snail could be so interesting. Do you know if they lay there eggs in or out of the water?