Assassin snail eggs

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Butterbean, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I have been told that the assassin snail takes a male and female to lay eggs can anyone either post or direct me to pictures of assassin eggs? I have had pest snails and they go up out of the water to lay eggs and reproduce so fast I have never really looked for there eggs. I have 9 of the assassin snails and am really hoping they will reproduce. I would appreciate any information/pictures you can share on :animal0070:

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Hello butter I have had success with my pair! I haven't done anything special they just starting coupling!
    IMG_20121230_120607.jpg
    It was a good 3 1/2 months before I saw the first baby (last week in fact) just make sure there are plenty of baby snails for them to feed on :)

3. ButterbeanValued MemberMember

They have made a big dint in my pest snail population so I put in some extra wafers and sure enough i have a mass of baby snails for food. I have been picking out the larger pest to try to help the assassin control the population. I have fallen in love with the little assassin snail. I never thought a snail could be so interesting. Do you know if they lay there eggs in or out of the water?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice