Asking Off

Discussion in 'Our Other Interests' started by Fishygirl1219, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Fishygirl1219

Fishygirl1219 Valued Member Member

So I'm not good at asking off.... My dad has a heart doctor appointment next Monday ....I asked off in writing and im on the schedule for next Monday..... And I really have to go with my dad ...Simply put I'm a daddy's girl and they are wanting to run tests and things this is all.new to all of.us so I'm worried
    .....Thanks everyone

2. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

How dare they!?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  3. Lindsay83

Lindsay83 Valued Member Member

Hi. Sorry to hear about your dad. You absolutely have to be with him. Family comes first.

I don't know what kind of work you do (I'm assuming it is work, and not school/college), but could you maybe swap shifts with a colleague?

Finally, try not to worry too much - I know, that's easier said than done. They can work miracles nowadays with medical science and technology, so I'm sure your dad will be fine. :)

Eta: my thoughts will b with you on Monday.

4. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

In all seriousness though, I'd bring it up to my boss immediately. The sooner they're aware the easier for them to schedule it. It also gives you a chance to explain how important it is that you're there for your dad.

Hopefully it was just an oversight.

5. OP
    OP
    Fishygirl1219

I'm hoping she did just look over it.... I told her the Friday before last .....I'm a shift leader at Pizza hut...Lol....Not a real great job but it pays the bills........She is off on Mondays an when I ask off she usually has to work but I really don't care.....We have to take Dad to a hospital that's 2 and a half hours away and my mom is going but I really can't not go.....

6. OP
    OP
    Fishygirl1219

Successfully got the day off with a little help from a friend of mine that works with me lol....I just absolutely hate asking off but if I do I really need it it's not a social take off lol thanks everyone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice