ASAP!!! i need feeding guidelines!!!

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!! i need to know how much to feed my neon tetras!!!! the guy at the pet store said a VERY little bit ONCE a day but i have two in a 1.5 gallon tank and i am not sure how much to give like i give them some when they don't have any but like i just gave them a fairly good sized pinch and they guzzled it like they were starving!! also i know that alot of food at the botton causes water pollution but my food is a clear water formula and it says for instructions on the back : "feed two to three times daily, only as much as your fish can consume in several minutes". what should this mean to me? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[ :-\ ??? ??? ???

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Once a day as much as they will eat is fine. Check your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels and post them here please. Eventhough your water looks clear, your tank is very small, and junk on the bottom of the tank can really affect a smaller tank quickly. Is your tank cycled?

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i don't have any thing to check the levels with... should i? :-[ by cycled do u mean filtered? i have an air filter? :-\ what dop i need? Thnx!!!!!!!!! Miley

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Click on the link in my signature that says, "FishLore Articles for Beginners". This will help you a lot. You will need to be able to test your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels at the very least to be a good fishkeeper. We can get more into that later. We are here to help you, so don't hesitate to ask questions!

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
thank you so much you are so sweet! miley

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom