As I promised ...

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well,

I know I said I would send this picture if an OTO decided to do this, but the snail beat 'em to it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Love that car!!! Is he running away from home?? LOL Thats precious, thanks for sharing it.
Carol

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all! I just HAD to share it when I saw it this morning. I looked all over for the darned snail and he was in the car! I was almost late for work!! I'm still not sure how he got in there ... I never expected him to be able to get in there .. I thought he was too big. He is still in there now, I suppose having a good time! ;D ;D Guess he figured this town wasn't big enough for the both of us!!

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's fine! I noticed that but decided not to point it out! Glad everyone enjoyed the pics!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is he out yet? it is hilarious!!!! I know I wanted to see the Otos in the car, but this is somehow almost funnier! LOL

Just be careful he doesn't get stuck he looks like a big boy LOL. My little guy got under the cave and had to have a little help. They work their way in and then don't have the maneuvering room to get back out.

I will be glad to see if he teaches anybody else to do it. ;D

Rose
;D

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I took him out of the car a few minutes ago. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to get out. He hasn't made his way back to the car (yet) so he might have been trying to get out and just couldn't. One the otos was just playing "hood ornament" but he was so fast I couldn't get a picture.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You are going to have fun with that car. I tried to get pictures all day but I kept missing it - Sara has gotten to like "riding" around on Angel (her snail) and if he holds still for too long she will settle on him and wait fro a ride. But every time I went for the camera I scared her off.

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just wait until the snail drives and the oto rides. Funny, funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh. Our finny and footed(did you know snails have a foot?) friends make life so much better.
Carol

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have more to share!! I think the otos were waiting for their chauffeur today ..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Silly babies!!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think there are going to be fights over the rights to the drivers seat . Now that your little snail has shown them how to go in the Otos will be in there all the time. They do love to be "in" things. I LOVE IT!!

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us. This has been just too funny!!

Rose
;D

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
You are welcome!

I had thought that the otos would have been the first ones in there. I did not expect to find the snail in there! I am waiting for the day when they are all in there piled on top of one another!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well you know at college, we did have this time when we tried to see how many could get into a VW bug.....

Maybe they are just going to try to see the same thing. It would truly be just TOO CUTE. Please keep us informed of the saga of the VW. ;D

Rose

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
The saga continues ....

The otos are still loving the car and I think the snail is letting them have it for now although as you can see in the second picture he was definitely keeping watch over it.

For the time being, Sniggles (the snail) is enjoying exploring the tank. He spent most of the day on the plant going from leaf to leaf (it's a plastic plant) and he has spent most of this evening going up and down the tubing for the airstone. He is keeping me utterly fascinated which Lilex is hating ... Every time I look at the other tank too long he gets pouty at me so we have to have a few minutes of 'Oh! Who's the pretty baby?? Who is he? YOU, yes YOU!!' ;D ;D

The otos are enjoying themselves and chasing each other. I think they've cleaned the tank up pretty well so I've started dropping in an algae wafer at night for them and it is always gone in the morning. I sure hope that they get some. The snail is always on the spot where the wafer last was when I notice it is going so hopefully he isn't eating it all.

The trials and tribulations ... I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would break up the wafer in about 4 pieces and drop them in different places. The snail will take the whole wafer if he can. My little gluttons (snails) took whole wafers and held them in his foot and sat there and just nibbled away until I started to break them in pieces and spreading them about to give the otos a fighting chance.

Rose

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sneaky little devils. I figured that was what was happening. Thanks for the tip!

Kelly

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Just an update....

The snail and oto have been pal-ing around ... I was lucky enough to catch this shot! :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom