Article about tank size for Betta? Help

1. afoifa Member Member

Hi I once read an article link posted on fishlore about tank size for Betts and it was facinating, it told how they shouldnt be placed in small quarters and that they swim in.acres in the wild and end up in puddles during summer, anyone know where I can find this? I've been scouring

2. Charles Wagner Initiate Member

Not for nothing but they live in tupperware buckets at the store. I have mine in a 2 gallon cube by himself and has seemed pretty happy for over a year.

3. claireputput Well Known Member Member

4. afoifa Member Member

Thank you!

I got my son a betta but had to wait for his 30 gal to cycle so I put the betta in my 125g and it was crazy he loved it swam the whole length....I felt guilty moving him in the end lol

5. Charles Wagner Initiate Member

I just did the opposite, took my Betta out of the 2 gallon tank and put him in my 72g with the other fish , feel bad he's kinda an outcast to the others

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. kittykat0725 Member Member

People are really cruel to betta tank sizes, so here's my advice - don't listen to what people at fish stores tell you. Honestly those employees know little to nothing about bettas, they are getting paid to convince you to buy things not give you advice or care about your fish. I have heard employees to tell people that bettas need only 1/4 a gallon. I recommend a tank 2.5 - 10 gals. My betta was in a 2.5 for a while and was very happy. I upgraded him to a 10 gal a while ago and of course he is even happier. I don't know why people say bettas can be in small bowls, because my betta will swim across the entire 10 gal in less then 3 secs! Hope this helped. (-:

Sent from my KFSOWI using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Teishokue Well Known Member Member

Honestly, putting fish in aquariums is creul enough. It really depends upon the fish keeper on the tank size for bettas. Ideal situation is leave him in the wild. But since they are so domesticated they'd soon die. Ive used jars when I was younger, they bred well for me.